Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Need comment on my Photo Diary

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong/Singapore/Brisbane
    Posts
    768

    Default Need comment on my Photo Diary

    http://www.fotop.net/latmo/photodiary
    I had a idea of building my diary with photo
    i want to record down what i do everyday with a photo
    but i feel that the way i take to photo and presenting seem to have a problem, seem cant really show ppl what am i doing

    can you guys give me some comment to improve it ?
    btw the camera to build this diary is limited to my nokia 7610 cos this is the only "camera" i will bring around everyday

    thanks

  2. #2

    Default

    If you're using a phone camera for photography. That could be a problem. Firstly, the images are of low quality and secondly, I'm not sure if post processing them is even an option. Other than that, you could work on the subjects of your photographs and its composition. Spend a lot of time looking at what other pple photograph in the other sections of the forums, eg. Abstracts or Street Candids. Perhaps that may give you a glimpse of what to consider to make your pics more interesting.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong/Singapore/Brisbane
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    If you're using a phone camera for photography. That could be a problem. Firstly, the images are of low quality and secondly, I'm not sure if post processing them is even an option. Other than that, you could work on the subjects of your photographs and its composition. Spend a lot of time looking at what other pple photograph in the other sections of the forums, eg. Abstracts or Street Candids. Perhaps that may give you a glimpse of what to consider to make your pics more interesting.
    image quality is not a concent to me here
    cos i dun really need high quality and sharp image to show ppl
    but i want to at least to show ppl by using a photo what i am doing everyday

    the aim of my photo diary is to show ppl what i am doing everyday so i want to make it in a way that if you look thought all the photo of that day can guess the idea of my life for that day ... possible ? or looking at my photo diary now did i archived what i want ?

    thanks

  4. #4

    Default

    In that case, most important for you is to derive a theme and focus on the compostion of the photo before you take a shot. Randamly taking pics that result in a photo without impact would look somewhat boring after a while from the viewers point of view. Perhaps you could focus more on quality shots than quantity. They say that a picture paints a thousant words.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong/Singapore/Brisbane
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    In that case, most important for you is to derive a theme and focus on the compostion of the photo before you take a shot. Randamly taking pics that result in a photo without impact would look somewhat boring after a while from the viewers point of view. Perhaps you could focus more on quality shots than quantity. They say that a picture paints a thousant words.
    yeah thats the problem now ...
    if everyday i am going to take this kind of photo (which look alike) i will bored the viewer very soon and they will not be interested to view it
    Last edited by latmo; 4th March 2005 at 07:29 PM.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    record everyday with a photo?

    try reading a book called "1999 daily report" or visual dairy by frank horvat
    Last edited by Snowcrash; 4th March 2005 at 04:10 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Hmm, after looking thro ur gallery, i think i basically have an idea what u are trying to achieve...

    the shots of the watch (to tell pp the time) the places and etc...

    i got a small suggestion here, perhaps u might wanna cut down on the shots of ur watch? cos it gets quite repetitive... if u wanna tell the time of the day, I'm sure there are other tell-tale signs... e.g. the colour of the sky? a clock of a nearby building etc? =) perhaps it would add more variety to your series...

    oh yeah, maybe u might wanna consider taking photos of 'activities' instead of buildings? cos it would give pp a better idea of what u have been 'doing' than what u have been 'walking pass'.

    But its quite a cool concept u got there... and i was a bit surprised by the resolution of ur 7610... i was expecting something of lesser clarity... cheers!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    somewhere below heaven
    Posts
    54

    Default Blog

    Open an blog account and start blogging ...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong/Singapore/Brisbane
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    record everyday with a photo?

    try reading a book called "1999 daily report" or visual dairy by frank horvat
    Thanks
    i will look for that book to have a look

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong/Singapore/Brisbane
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    Hmm, after looking thro ur gallery, i think i basically have an idea what u are trying to achieve...

    the shots of the watch (to tell pp the time) the places and etc...

    i got a small suggestion here, perhaps u might wanna cut down on the shots of ur watch? cos it gets quite repetitive... if u wanna tell the time of the day, I'm sure there are other tell-tale signs... e.g. the colour of the sky? a clock of a nearby building etc? =) perhaps it would add more variety to your series...

    oh yeah, maybe u might wanna consider taking photos of 'activities' instead of buildings? cos it would give pp a better idea of what u have been 'doing' than what u have been 'walking pass'.

    But its quite a cool concept u got there... and i was a bit surprised by the resolution of ur 7610... i was expecting something of lesser clarity... cheers!
    thanks for suggestion
    i will try to improve

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong/Singapore/Brisbane
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest
    Open an blog account and start blogging ...
    The idea of my photo diary is to "bring" ppl with me along each day ... to let them have the idea hows my life.

    I dun like typing and i dun have that time to type too (ok i am lazy ) ...
    and i want something different and uniqe that not everyone is doing (blogging)

  12. #12

    Default

    Ermm ... i believe the idea is not that new. Do a google search on photoblogging.

    There there are several sites that host photoblogs already, and you can upload the photos taken in your camera phone straight to the site using GPRS on your handphone

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •