Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

Quote Originally Posted by keiser View Post
    Make us understand lah ...
    oh. some of you guys here have the answer.

It just a pre-approved instalment plan to make expensive phone affordably
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

oh. some of you guys here have the answer.
    Lol i suppose only he is clueless.

Blog Entries

Keiser, how about those $88/mth 10MBPS broadband plans in exchange for a "free" macbook? Know why the plan without the "free" macbook is only around 30-ish?

Agree that they are offering more or less the same thing for long time liao so why the long 24 months contract? ... Their services are getting worse over the years? Well, you could complaint about it at the end of your 24 months contract kekeke

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    When it was only SingTel, things were very bad. Then comes M1, follow by Starhub and another I think telco that folds soon. Now, with only 3 and same majority owner, it is getting stale.

I find their services are getting worse over the years. We need to open up and inject new blood.

Yes, and more and more so … I therefore wonder who has control over pricing of the bundled device(s) … the telco or device manufacturer? …even though i think it is in the interest of both parties to keep the retail price high

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    It just a pre-approved instalment plan to make expensive phone affordably

Yes, I aware of those deals …. The questions is why doesn’t the telco offer the 30-ish offerings directly with lesser or no contract, if it is such good deal for the customer?

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    Keiser, how about those $88/mth 10MBPS broadband plans in exchange for a "free" macbook? Know why the plan without the "free" macbook is only around 30-ish?
    Last edited by keiser; 4th December 2012 at 12:45 PM.

Yes, I aware of those deals …. The questions is why doesn’t the telco offer the 30-ish offerings directly with lesser or no contract, if it is such good deal for the customer?
    If you show them there are profits, they will offer these deals
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Blog Entries

then can i ask you....

where the heck are they going to make money from?

are they going to take your $10-a-month payments, buy a small Money Plant and hope that real money will grow out of it instead of leaves?

humans think of every conceivable way to make money, but when it comes to paying for something, they balk and stall and whine about it.

aren't you hypocritical in that sense?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    then can i ask you....

where the heck are they going to make money from?

are they going to take your $10-a-month payments, buy a small Money Plant and hope that real money will grow out of it instead of leaves?
    He wouldn't say the same thing if he was running a business.

He wouldn't say the same thing if he was running a business.
    precisely.

other than paying to use the services, do you know where your money goes?

if they just said "heck. let's just make ends meet."

they'll only be charging you enough for their staff, maintenance, services, cabling etc. no profits.

and when they need to expand, where do you think they get the cash from? other than loans, they need to have cash in their balance sheets to ensure that the bank will LOAN them the money. the MONEY is guarantee that they can PAY back the loans.

sheesh.

Lost you a bit there are you saying that Telcos could only make money if customers enter long contracts agreement them or you saying they cannot charge too low to remain viable?

precisely.

other than paying to use the services, do you know where your money goes?

if they just said "heck. let's just make ends meet."

they'll only be charging you enough for their staff, maintenance, services, cabling etc. no profits.

and when they need to expand, where do you think they get the cash from? other than loans, they need to have cash in their balance sheets to ensure that the bank will LOAN them the money. the MONEY is guarantee that they can PAY back the loans.

sheesh.

Actually, over the years, there has been some "improvements"

Like number portability, so that it is easier to switch camps.

And for some reasons that you gotta break contract, you pay for your McBook or iphone on a pro-rated basis and not the full amount.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

Lost you a bit there … are you saying that Telcos could only make money if customers enter long contracts agreement them … or you saying they cannot charge too low to remain viable?
    Have you ever run your own business before? or studied business?

Blog Entries

Actually, I don't think it is about studying business or running business. I'm sure many people here with no business sense can also understand why. As for what sense is needed, i think it is quite common.

Two kei(s) but so different.

Yes, i have studied some subjects on business ... but what are the points you are trying make? ... i will do my best to learn and understand from you

i have had a long unhappy relationship with Starhub which ended 2 years ago when we broke up.

When I first started going with Starhub everything was so good. Per second billing, hub discount, cable modem (speeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddd).

Then one day I don't want to use cable modem anymore. Not using enough due to being home very late after work and sports club.
    I called up call center to cancel. I thought they cancel for me. So I disconnected my modem

After that I got another line from M1 with a nice number. I didn't have to go through ridiculous bidding system to buy it. Just pay cash upfront.
    I decided to stop using my Starhub number. I called the call center. I thought they cancelled for me, so I disconnected my SIM card.

Some time later I received bills on regular intervals. I thought it was on my outstanding bills (since I am woefully forgetful). I paid. and I paid. up to $400~$500 worth.

I soon realized that I am receiving current bills. I called up the call center again to tell them to stop and terminate all my accounts.

I continued to receive bills, again! I refused to pay and their continued billing reached a sum of almost $500 upon which they sent me a Letter of Demand from a lawyer (despite my explanations to call center staff who called me to remind me to pay , meaning, pay for a bill which I shouldn't rightly be billed for) . They even had the cheek to bill me for this Letter.

I escalated the matter to the Accounts Dept and technical dept where they had indeed determined that I had made a bona fide request to terminate (by the switching off/disconnect actions) . They refunded my overpayment but have not since formally apologised for the fiasco.

I am still a bit riled up when I think about this.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

I hate 2 year contract. I understand why some hate it and others like it. There are a number of people hanging on to their ip 4s at the moment not because they prefer the 4s to the 5 or because they can't afford the 5 but simple they're still have 1 more year in their contract. So early adopter, frequent upgrader may prefer one year contract?

But I don't think the reason for the telco to stop offering 1 year contract is a simple one.
    Don't think it's the money issue as they can just offer one year contract with less subsidized pricing for handset. They just need to make some number manipulation and still earn the same profit.
    Maybe it's the customer retaining thing? Or? please chip in.

Btw, what's with the above-looking-down tone of kei1309? Answering a question with another mockery question doesn't make you smarter than others, does it?
    It's like
    Q- Why doesn't Canon release 35L mk II?
    A- Oh, ghost, you have any idea about optical design of the new L? Do you understand the economical sense of that? I guess you never learn that in school.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast