Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

Thread: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

  1. #1

    Default Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Are you happy with Telcos (in fact all of them) offering 2 years of service contract? Or you are accepting it because it is a "norm"?

  2. #2
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keiser
    Are you happy with Telcos (in fact all of them) offering 2 years of service contract? Or you are accepting it because it is a "norm"?
    As opposed to ? 3 years? 1 year?

  3. #3
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    As opposed to ? 3 years? 1 year?
    They used to offer 1 year but more expensive handsets, right?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Quote Originally Posted by keiser View Post
    Are you happy with Telcos (in fact all of them) offering 2 years of service contract? Or you are accepting it because it is a "norm"?
    do you even understand WHY they're making it two years?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    M1- yes
    Singtel - maybe
    Starhub - NO
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  6. #6

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Do enlighten me

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    do you even understand WHY they're making it two years?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    "Singtel - maybe, Starhub - no" ... really?


    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    M1- yes
    Singtel - maybe
    Starhub - NO

  8. #8

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Hmm...im not happy but im ok.. i have use Starhub for the past 10 over years when i first started and still counting. Hvnt change any telecom before..If they let me sign more than 2 years plan and lower the cost of my phone n plan.. i will gladly take it.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Quote Originally Posted by keiser View Post
    Do enlighten me
    you're older than i am.

    seriously, go think about WHY.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    It is an oligopoly.
    You have no choice.

    Only way out is to appeal to authorities overseeing the telcos. If it is politically painful for the party in charge, then they will straighten out the telcos. Otherwise no.

    As the telcos push the envelope, it will soon be a 3-year contract. To be followed by a 4-year contract.

  11. #11
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    I presume you want it shorter.

    If you don't want to be bound, there's always PAYG..

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    It is an oligopoly.
    You have no choice.

    Only way out is to appeal to authorities overseeing the telcos. If it is politically painful for the party in charge, then they will straighten out the telcos. Otherwise no.

    As the telcos push the envelope, it will soon be a 3-year contract. To be followed by a 4-year contract.
    You do not understand as well.

  13. #13
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    When it was only SingTel, things were very bad. Then comes M1, follow by Starhub and another I think telco that folds soon. Now, with only 3 and same majority owner, it is getting stale.

    I find their services are getting worse over the years. We need to open up and inject new blood.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    You do not understand as well.
    I'll vote for him, regardless of what he had been drinking

  15. #15

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Quote Originally Posted by keiser View Post
    Are you happy with Telcos (in fact all of them) offering 2 years of service contract? Or you are accepting it because it is a "norm"?
    The telco is NOT a non-profit organization so you shouldn't expect them to give you free hand set.

    All those ads about free hand set are false. The cost are included in the 2 years contract.

    At the end of the day, increasing profit margin is the main objective of all businesses.

    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 3rd December 2012 at 09:48 PM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  16. #16
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    It is an oligopoly.
    You have no choice.

    Only way out is to appeal to authorities overseeing the telcos. If it is politically painful for the party in charge, then they will straighten out the telcos. Otherwise no.

    As the telcos push the envelope, it will soon be a 3-year contract. To be followed by a 4-year contract.
    I'm sorry, why is everything left to the party-in-charge? I can see the argument for certain issues such as health, transportation, etc. All these, you really don't have much of a choice..

    If you don't like what you're getting, vote with your wallet. Yes, a phone is akin to a necessity these days but honestly, do you think people MUST have 3G or 4G? Just get a cheap Nokia and cheap plan without data. You will survive.

    If you're hooked and need to stay connected to the Internet, then so be it. The whole world's telcos are counting on it. What any teclo regulator CAN and SHOULD do is ensure that their QoS is decent enough.

    What's next, party-in-charge telling Apple to lower the price of its products so that all the hooked Apple Fans will not pay an over-inflated price?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    I am very happy.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Fortunately, IDA stepped in to limit the contract duration to 24 months back in late 2009 ... otherwise... like you say ... they might juz want you to sign up for life ... kekeke ... still ... 2 years is a rather long time don't you think?

    New rules cap telco contract duration at 24 months - Channel NewsAsia



    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    It is an oligopoly.
    You have no choice.

    Only way out is to appeal to authorities overseeing the telcos. If it is politically painful for the party in charge, then they will straighten out the telcos. Otherwise no.

    As the telcos push the envelope, it will soon be a 3-year contract. To be followed by a 4-year contract.
    Last edited by keiser; 3rd December 2012 at 11:38 PM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Make us understand lah ...

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    You do not understand as well.

  20. #20
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Are you happy with Telcos offering 2 years of contract service?

    Happy... sign 2 years get a 'discounted' phone

    NOT happy... buy Hi-Card and get NO 'discount' phone...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •