Thread: How to go about having a .com site?

Default How to go about having a .com site?

as above.

What is the steps to go through to apply for a .com website? I need to have a POP3/web email.. No need too much webspace, around 200mb will suffice. Which hosting company can i use for fast/stable connection and affordable pricing?

1 more thing to add: i don't want any advertisement to be display in my .com website.
    Last edited by behyx; 3rd March 2005 at 11:14 PM.

I use RCThost. less than S$100 a year, 500MB, unlimited transfer, POP3/web email, domain registration, etc. reasonably fast and stable.

i'm using a free webhost that offers 1GB space & 20GB bandwidth. required to place an ad on every page. www.x10hosting.com
    i registered my domain with the help of CSers here, which i had posted a thread for good domain host. quite a few recommended www.godaddy.com

thank you, hwchoy. However i feel S$100 is a little steep.. I don't know much about the average range, perhaps someone can advice me?

Drudkh, i don't want adverts on my website

keep the recommendations coming! thanks!

in that case, you might consider visiting these forums to find a good webhost

http://www.sgwebhostingtalk.com
    http://www.freewebspace.net/forums

good luck.

as mentioned, www.godaddy.com and www.registerfly.com would be pretty cheap and reliable. www.lunarpages.com has quite a large base too..

u should read thru www.webhostingtalk.com & www.sgwebhostingtalk.com before making any decisions. gd luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    I use RCThost. less than S$100 a year, 500MB, unlimited transfer, POP3/web email, domain registration, etc. reasonably fast and stable.
    Less than $100 and 500mb plus free domain registration is very cheap! Any hidden cost?? Are they local?

http://whois.sc/rcthost.com

some useful info.

anyway, at this kinda rates, doubt u can find any local servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Less than $100 and 500mb plus free domain registration is very cheap! Any hidden cost?? Are they local?
    it's cheap? really? but for those <200mb, how much will be considered cheap?

Smile

Pm me if you want to share web space with me. Offering 300mb per year with 1 domain at $60 per year. Anyway it is not local but US based. I can help you set everything in less than 12 hours (including domain registering). Some of the domain that are sharing with me include www.michaelpodolinsky.com and www.xstencilx.com. You can probably know from these sites the speed of the hosting. Thanks.

I use 8.to. Been using them for a while, ok lah.

Had my own domain since 1997, my surname.. wahahha.. like invert_studio, i use it primarily for mails only.

ClubSNAP Admin

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    as above.

What is the steps to go through to apply for a .com website? I need to have a POP3/web email.. No need too much webspace, around 200mb will suffice. Which hosting company can i use for fast/stable connection and affordable pricing?

1 more thing to add: i don't want any advertisement to be display in my .com website.

ClubSNAP do offer this services to fellow members (Web Hosting with .com domain name). This in return help ClubSNAP pay it's fees and maintain as a Free site.

For more details, you can PM Darren

ok thank you guys for the great help!