Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indoor group photo problem.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Sounds good to me, but I often prefer 1/60s rather than 1/30s, but it's just me

Yep, ISO800 would be good if you can use it.
    Noted.

Thanks everyone, learnt something again!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    You should take into consideration the ceiling height before you use this method. Would ISO 800 be a little grainy? I've not tried this b4.
    The safer method is to do bounce at 75 deg+ with bounce card.

ISO800 film should be quite acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder
    You should take into consideration the ceiling height before you use this method. Would ISO 800 be a little grainy? I've not tried this b4.
    I havent tried ISO 800 b4 too. But heard from my friend that its not grainy if exposed correctly.

If the ceiling is too tall, should I just fire the flash directly or use Omni-Bounce?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0t0type
    I havent tried ISO 800 b4 too. But heard from my friend that its not grainy if exposed correctly.

If the ceiling is too tall, should I just fire the flash directly or use Omni-Bounce?

I'd advise as in my previous post, use a bounce card and tilt the flash head slightly downwards.

Direct flash is ok, but might be overharsh, do step down the flash power before doing that. For omnibounce, only when the ceiling is low enough then use it. Else the safest method is flash tilt + bounce card, always works.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I'd advise as in my previous post, use a bounce card and tilt the flash head slightly downwards.

Direct flash is ok, but might be overharsh, do step down the flash power before doing that. For omnibounce, only when the ceiling is low enough then use it. Else the safest method is flash tilt + bounce card, always works.
    Thanks, will try that out soon.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12