Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All my Lumix buddies all go to dark side liaoz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hong Jia
    Not so Dark - M_______
    Mmm.... Grey side???

Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by rhair78
    HJ, the Dark Side is strong.... but will never be able to beat the Long Side with its built-in IS (except Minolta "first IS built into DSLR body").
    All we need from Pana is firmware upgrade (yes I am still not over this subject yet... ).

Anyways, I am also crossing over, but I will be carrying both so I will be Long and Dark..

I am still getting my technician to update me constantly , dun worrie. if i got the news u will be the first to know.

alamak! dark side long side ???!!!
    I moved from Dark Side to Long Side alraydi. All because of my girl's back side!
    She go shopping centre toilet and left my Dark Side there so I ended up buying a Long Side as replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by keith10w
    I am still getting my technician to update me constantly , dun worrie. if i got the news u will be the first to know.
    Good to know that Keith. Thanks.
    See because of this, I have to revert to film...so expensive..
    RH

Default Joining the dark side ??

hi Jos and Ric, we all have bidded for the Eugene system , but none of us get it. . The system looks tempting at the begining hor ? Now the price is beyond my budget already.

Ricky, going any further then the current price or not ? Or wait next week we go together at the IT show and BUY BUY BUY.

Quote Originally Posted by awongkk
    Ricky, going any further then the current price or not ? Or wait next week we go together at the IT show and BUY BUY BUY.
    Yup yup, headed to IT show to ask for bargains, purely for body. Paying more than 2.1k abit beyond me lar. But I have a feeling we wun be getting to see many photographic booths leh.. no idea till i go lor.

well, I am not in super rush to join the dark side anyways.. kekekeke

But gosh darn it, if a good Canon 10D w/grip and lens comes along....
    RH

Quote Originally Posted by sunkist
    orrh... i know. Anyway me not into pro.photography yet. I believe even with FZ20, i am able to shot better shots than some using D70 (no-offends). And I believe everything come with a price. And i not going to pay for the price as in now.
    how r you gonna achieve shallow depth of field with a FZ20 like what they do for portraits using a f2.8 lens? no offence too

Quote Originally Posted by quavisity
    how r you gonna achieve shallow depth of field with a FZ20 like what they do for portraits using a f2.8 lens? no offence too
    Well, there is the ND filters, then hor, you can use PHOTOSHOP in 4 quick easy steps, can create beautiful bokeh.. Every camera i am sure will have its limitations. Like how many DSLR can have 36-432mm in one lens and body, with IS, and give sharp, bright, and rich pictures that the FZ series has given us Lumixers. Though not the best camera, it has no doubt brought me tonnes of joy. And I wish to celebrate that!

May everyone enjoy taking pictures, and sharing them with the world!
    RH

Blog Entries

1) coldman
    2) parkertr
    3) Firefox (going to not-so-dark-side; Begins with a M)
    4) Zenten (Darkside is good only if you have good lenses)
    5)

Yup yup, headed to IT show to ask for bargains, purely for body. Paying more than 2.1k abit beyond me lar. But I have a feeling we wun be getting to see many photographic booths leh.. no idea till i go lor.

well, I am not in super rush to join the dark side anyways.. kekekeke

But gosh darn it, if a good Canon 10D w/grip and lens comes along....
    yup, was following that thread too cos it really seems like a good buy, even at the current price, i'd think that it's still a good bargain considering the stuff that's included in the package.

Blog Entries

Well, there is the ND filters, then hor, you can use PHOTOSHOP in 4 quick easy steps, can create beautiful bokeh.. Every camera i am sure will have its limitations. Like how many DSLR can have 36-432mm in one lens and body, with IS, and give sharp, bright, and rich pictures that the FZ series has given us Lumixers. Though not the best camera, it has no doubt brought me tonnes of joy. And I wish to celebrate that!

May everyone enjoy taking pictures, and sharing them with the world!
    As a former FZ10 & 20 user, I can vouch for those who with high regards
    for the Lumix ( I still do).....sharp and fast lens across the entire zoom range.

However, it is the pin-point focusing and DOF control in the DSLR that converted me. You can really bring your pictures to life and give it a 3-D effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten
    As a former FZ10 & 20 user, I can vouch for those who with high regards
    for the Lumix ( I still do).....sharp and fast lens across the entire zoom range.

However, it is the pin-point focusing and DOF control in the DSLR that converted me. You can really bring your pictures to life and give it a 3-D effect.
    Hi zenten,

It's heartening to see ex-owner returning to give some pointers! Do visit us often!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LifeWorld
    Hi zenten,

It's heartening to see ex-owner returning to give some pointers! Do visit us often!
    It's my pleasure and if Lumixers will allow me, I can post some samples to show you what I mean?

Default Shallow D.O.F ?

Quote Originally Posted by quavisity
    er.. that'sshould not be a problems, with good lighting. I don't think f2.8 can't shot that. I'm using my humble FZ10 to shoot mostly in-house at f2.8 with external flash. You just need to do more adjustment and manual focus with at least 3X or 4X zoom. just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten
    It's my pleasure and if Lumixers will allow me, I can post some samples to show you what I mean?
    Yes, please. I am sure most would like to view dslr pics! For camera discussion should be alright. In fact, some were keen on the dof issue.

Blog Entries

er.. that'sshould not be a problems, with good lighting. I don't think f2.8 can't shot that. I'm using my humble FZ10 to shoot mostly in-house at f2.8 with external flash. You just need to do more adjustment and manual focus with at least 3X or 4X zoom. just my 2 cents
    Don't get me wrong ....Lumixers can still achieve DOF effect with their FZs but the DSLR has DOF preview built-in the camera to allow you to step down and visualise before you press the shutter.... give a little time and I will post some pics to demo.

hi Jos and Ric, we all have bidded for the Eugene system , but none of us get it. . The system looks tempting at the begining hor ? Now the price is beyond my budget already.

Yeah. I backout the next day after bidding it. Hehehe. It a good deal. Since it been offered to $2150 and Ricky lose it. Nvm then. hehehe.

Just get the new one will be good as well. At least its thorughly virgin (as Ric mentioned to me) hehehe.

Blog Entries

Default Focusing and DOF

As promised, demo pics (sample 01 & 02, followed by some of my favorite pics)

Blog Entries

Thank you.
    Last edited by Zenten; 5th March 2005 at 10:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Last edited by Zenten; 5th March 2005 at 10:41 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast