Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LX7 Discussion and Photos Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ahyoo2002 View Post
    Yah, I was trying to blur the water. But at f8, iso80 and ND filter button push, still too bright. That is why thinking whether is it f8 is the smallest aperture.
    Ya, f8 is smallest.

Default Re: LX7 Discussion and Photos Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ahyoo2002 View Post
    Yah, I was trying to blur the water. But at f8, iso80 and ND filter button push, still too bright. That is why thinking whether is it f8 is the smallest aperture.
    I think that's a similar problem I remember experiencing.. was at the highest f-stop of 8 already, iso relatively low, trying to shoot water flowing effect but due to bright sun the shutter was still very fast and instead get a freeze effect.. no sure if this min stop of f8 is a negative point of a LX7..
    Lens for life.. Body for depreciation...

Usually f8, that is why there is the built in nd. If need to slow down further, need to find alternatives like nd filter to put on http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/compa...cessories.html

Quote Originally Posted by jackwolf View Post
    I think that's a similar problem I remember experiencing.. was at the highest f-stop of 8 already, iso relatively low, trying to shoot water flowing effect but due to bright sun the shutter was still very fast and instead get a freeze effect.. no sure if this min stop of f8 is a negative point of a LX7..
    Iirc, f8 is smallest for olympus xz1, similar category but doesn't have nd built in, which is a plus. Any smaller aperture might impose diffraction and reduce the IQ a lot, perhaps the reason for restricting to F8?

Quote Originally Posted by Wang TH View Post
    Usually f8, that is why there is the built in nd. If need to slow down further, need to find alternatives like nd filter to put on DMC-LX7 | PRODUCTS | LUMIX | Digital Camera | Panasonic Global
    Ya, if need stop further, just use more ND or wait for light to diminish...

Got a set from amazon as well.
    Is it a good choice to purchase a "OEM" battery charger with EU plug from ebay for convenience or is it better to stick with using the original charger with travel adapter?
    Also, is auto lens cap a must?
    Please advise.

the oem autocap makes the camera look ugly.. that's my thought.. I has one end up never use because I can't accept the look.. ha

I use the adapter + filter instead.. adapter is original comes with 37mm cap.. filter is Hoya.. but do take note that such combi causes shadow of the zoom barrel when shooting with built in flash at widest angle.. even with just tw adapter also..!
    Last edited by jackwolf; 18th December 2012 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonlenses View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the LX-7. I am thinking of getting one myself. Have you shot in RAW?
    Sorry bro, was away for 2 weeks. Unfortunately, i always shoot in jpg for convenience sake.

Quote Originally Posted by magixxx View Post
    nice, i bought the white one from amazon, received it yesterday.
    do you know where we can buy the leather case protector in Singapore or hve to go amazon again ?

was thinking of buying this set from amazon - auto lens cap + lcd protector and clean wipe
    Amazon.com: Auto Lens Cap for PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-LX7 + LCD Screen Protector + MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth: Camera & Photo
    or
    Amazon.com: EzFoto Auto Open Close Self-Retaining Lens Cap & Glass optical LCD Screen protector for Panasonic Lumix DMC LX-7 Leica D-LUX 6: Camera & Photo
    I also bought the auto cap~
    Last edited by OoStarDustoO; 7th January 2013 at 03:16 PM.

you bought jjc brand? shouldn't have the problem leh..
    Lens for life.. Body for depreciation...

Is it more advisable to buy those half case or buy a normal camera pouch for the lx7 so that I can pack spare batteries and memory cards with it?

It will be just great if LX7 is a little less bulkier...... the whole camera feels abit big compared to Canon S110 and Sony RX100

Quote Originally Posted by 320x240 View Post
    Is it more advisable to buy those half case or buy a normal camera pouch for the lx7 so that I can pack spare batteries and memory cards with it?
    The half case is purely for cosmetic purpose. Looks nice on you only.

Quote Originally Posted by jackwolf View Post
    you bought jjc brand? shouldn't have the problem leh..
    Should be leh. I go home see again. You need to remove the front piece of metal at the front in order to install the auto lens cap right?

Hi which is better a LX7 or a Ricoh GRD IV.

Quote Originally Posted by circaosis View Post
    Hi which is better a LX7 or a Ricoh GRD IV.
    Major differences
    LX7 - 3.8 x zoom, effective 24-90mm, F1.4-2.3, Full HD video
    GRD - 28mm f1.9, VGA video

Apart from that, grd has snap focus and street shooters swear by it. Ergonomics GRD IV tops it. For day to day, LX7 is more user friendly with the zoom. GRD IV being fixed, thus "force" or even train one to go around shooting in that focal length, I believe would improve one's photography, certainly not everyone's cup of tea. I would think GRD IV image would be better than LX7. Think of prime vs zoom.

thanks for the advice

I too was surprised initially why only F8 but for such a small sensor, i think its fair... haven't tried the ND functions though

Its just a box ... ... [ Ō ▀ ]

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by newghost View Post
    I too was surprised initially why only F8 but for such a small sensor, i think its fair... haven't tried the ND functions though

where are your hands, bro

where can i find the best lx7 deal in singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by circaosis View Post
    where can i find the best lx7 deal in singapore?
    I think now its on promo...$598 comes with some freebees...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast