Thread: Raising money for twe new school dorms. Any ideas?

Default Raising money for twe new school dorms. Any ideas?

Hi guys...
    need some opinions frm you guys. i'm thinking of coming up with a 2006 calendar featuring pictures of my school and of life in Saraburi, Thailand for sale to raise funds needed to build two new dormitories for the school. Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions on types of pictures that people will be interested to see in the calendar?

Also wondering if i'll get any support frm you cs'ers if i embark on this project.
    Budget wedding photographer :)

Blog Entries

I think that it would be better to arrange a photography tour in thailand with you as the guide, Csers will pay to shoot. What do you guys/gals think?

Just how much does 2 new dorms costs in thailand?
    You would need to sell lots of calendars to build the dorms.

My school's looking to raise some 35 million baht... thats about $900,000 USD. Just trying to do my part by thinking of doing this. mmmmz *scratch head*

Quote Originally Posted by ParkertR
    My school's looking to raise some 35 million baht... thats about $900,000 USD. Just trying to do my part by thinking of doing this. mmmmz *scratch head*
    Hey Parker, maybe your can try the contacting the Thai tourism board?

hmm... work with the Thai tourism board to design n sell the calendars?

wow, that's alot of money to raise ... i can't help much but something i thought is quite important ... maybe you should do abit of research on how much income can be generated from sales of calendars (costs, ease of sponsorship, time, pricing and very importantly the market for such calendar ... it's already March, don't think calenders sell well now ... )

Blog Entries

you want to raise US$900,000 OMG
    Trip to bangkok cost less than S$300
    you meet the CSers and bring them around for photoshoots
    you plan the day, shoot, eat, shop, .....

And charge S$100 per person per trip.
    So for 5 ppl it would mean S$500 per group.
    Profits from transport, eating not included yet.
    And you get to shoot as well.

I just contacted the Thailand Authority of Tourism regarding the plan for the calendars with a proposal of collaboration... hoping for a good reply. It'll help to raise funds and also promote thai culture and thailand to other countries. The calendar will be a 2006 calendar. mmmmz~

I'll be sourcing for the printing costs... want good quality stuff. Printing shouldnt be too expensive here... its Thailand Maybe 6 pages with two printed sides, a cover... mmm i'll check that out. Cost factor too... I can afford to put in some money - the money im saving for my D2h... haha... should be able to earn back if it works out. Also can promote myself *lol*

you want to raise US$900,000 OMG
    Trip to bangkok cost less than S$300
    you meet the CSers and bring them around for photoshoots
    you plan the day, shoot, eat, shop, .....

And charge S$100 per person per trip.
    So for 5 ppl it would mean S$500 per group.
    Profits from transport, eating not included yet.
    And you get to shoot as well.
    Haha~ I can't raise US900K on my own! lol i believe the school has raised some USD8K over the past week... have a lot more to do... If i can pump in 1K on my own efforts, it would be great on my part... its a lot of money to raise though...

I just contacted the Thailand Authority of Tourism regarding the plan for the calendars with a proposal of collaboration... hoping for a good reply. It'll help to raise funds and also promote thai culture and thailand to other countries. The calendar will be a 2006 calendar. mmmmz~
    hmmm ... IMHO it's best to check with printing companies about sales of calendars now, it seems too early to sell calendars for next year now, maybe some CSers with experience can help advise ... how about widening the range of 'products' to postcards and such? collaboration with the tourism authority is definitely a wonderful idea, but maybe can try to give them more attractive options to 'sell' tourism.

1-year calender?
    why not those 50-year calendar?
    More useful rite?

hmmm ... IMHO it's best to check with printing companies about sales of calendars now, it seems too early to sell calendars for next year now, maybe some CSers with experience can help advise ... how about widening the range of 'products' to postcards and such? collaboration with the tourism authority is definitely a wonderful idea, but maybe can try to give them more attractive options to 'sell' tourism.
    Thats a great idea really thnx for the suggestions... i shall really consider em. Postcards are plenty here in thailand... maybe a postcard series? im not sure. Will ask some of my friends to meet and we'll brainstorm about ideas... so far, calendars sell here in Thailand - thats what i know from some research.

1-year calender?
    why not those 50-year calendar?
    More useful rite?
    Er... 50-year-calendar... ur being sarcastic right? not exactly very helpful AReality.........

hmm... work with the Thai tourism board to design n sell the calendars?
    The synergies can be worked out. If you pitch correctly, they'll certainly be interested to help. One way is for you to provide the photographic service and maybe get them to put up with the cost of printing and distribution.

Other alternatives is to actually look at corporate sponsorship. Consider approaching companies like Nokia or even Nikon. Pitch the idea of a calendar cum photo exhibition. The calendar is sold for a good cause. Venues are the least of your concerns, there are always property companies willing to lend you space for exhibits, perhaps CDL or Capital Land. Huge companies are willing to help you out for a good cause, besides the image helps them too. But you'll have to do your homework and do up a proper proposal. This should include your ideas, ideals, cost, implementation and which partners might come into the picture.

Do not be afraid to approach Stat boards and Ministries for help. Even non-profit organisations like the rotarians.

But remember, do your homework.

Er... 50-year-calendar... ur being sarcastic right? not exactly very helpful AReality.........
    Haha... didn't read that it was those multi pages 1, i tot was those slip in wallet kind...
    Those multi-year calendars are those with 2 discs, which can turn and select year/month, then displays the dates..

lol~ AReality... ok, both of us mistaken here then :P well, that kind with 2 discs also not bad... 50 years... but can't put many photos there la :S that one usually give away free too~ haha

Maybe i can contact Niks thailand... mmm, might be able to loan their lenses and feature them in the calender. hmmm possibilities opening up!