Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011

Thread: Which country gal is betta?

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Kindly point out the portion which you wonder I had a grudge against you! I wish there is a icon with steam and flame coming out of the head I could use now!
    why dun you chill it out ?? ... the more you get ... your life will shorten for un-necessary thingy ..

just let go lor ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

How could I? We are having a friendly discussion when I was accused of taking it personally, having a grudge against someone whom I absolutely no idea who!!

Grrrrrrrr......!

Benign, better close this thread before it goes out of hand, thanks! Sorry about it!

love bares no boundaries, no nationalities, no race.

love is a strange chemistry.

you will know it, once you have found your true love.

all his/her faults are no longer important, as your love for him/her is more than the pieces, it is the whole picture that matters.

no one is perfect, not me, not you.

to love and be loved is a blessing, a bliss.

don't lose hope, just keep your heart open.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    don't close!
    Why?

You like the jokes?

白居易 長恨歌

唯將舊物表深情
    鈿合金釵寄將去
    釵留一股合一扇
    釵擘黃金合分鈿
    但教心似金鈿堅
    天上人間會相見
    臨別殷勤重寄詞
    詞中有誓兩心知
    七月七日長生殿
    夜半無人私語時
    在天願作比翼鳥
    在地願為連理枝
    天長地久有時盡
    此恨綿綿無絕期

Breaking the gold of the hairpin, breaking the shell of the box;
    "Our souls belong together," she said, " like this gold and this shell --
    Somewhere, sometime, on earth or in heaven, we shall surely
    And she sent him, by his messenger, a sentence reminding him
    Of vows which had been known only to their two hearts:
    "On the seventh day of the Seventh-month, in the Palace of Long Life,
    We told each other secretly in the quiet midnight world
    That we wished to fly in heaven, two birds with the wings of one,
    And to grow together on the earth, two branches of one tree."
    Earth endures, heaven endures; some time both shall end,
    While this unending sorrow goes on and on for ever

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Definately Vietnam gals, they love you long time.
    What do you get for ten dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Well if I did not understand, I would not be writing this down as she is just beside me....HEHE.....

How about you? Are you still trying to understand women, your girlfriend, your wife or your mistress?
    Friend, my husband understands me hor

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    Friend, my husband understands me hor
    Well well......good for you then......as I have no idea you are ACTUALLY a married woman. Hoho.....

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    What do you get for ten dollars?
    Ten dollars?

Default Typical Singaporean thinking...?

In Sg, singaporeans are spoilt for choice, be it for choosing wives, husbands or photography equipment..

Want to get married to a 'guaranteed good' wife? No problem, matchmaking agencies offer choices from China women to vietnam girls, pay a fee and it's all yours without hassle or "trouble". Pick from over a few hundred too!

Want to get married to an angmoh guy? Unfortunately, for gals not so hassle-free, must pak-tor first...

Want to buy great droolworthy photographic equipment not available in Singapore yet? Order from B&H or MO on Clubsnap...pick from hundreds of items on ebay also online...

Still the Singaporean method of easy, convenient solutions prevails, whether it be for goods and services, or even marriage...

is it also our mentality to walk away when things turn sour in relationships, saying, it's not our fault, got better fish out there, I have nothing to learn from all this? (Maybe that's a reason why some singles get rejected repeatedly in relationships). After all, what does a fisherman do when he catches no fish? First step, he checks if he is fishing in the right place, and make sure he has the right bait or changes the fishing technique! It's silly to try to catch huge ocean-going tuna with a 6lb fishing reel...
    and it's a little more silly if the fisherman buys a fish to bring home just because he didn't catch one! (unless his family is in need of that precious fish)

Hopefully our 'pick and choose' attitude for goods is not one we take towards marriage...

After all, what does a fisherman do when he catches no fish? First step, he checks if he is fishing in the right place, and make sure he has the right bait or changes the fishing technique! It's silly to try to catch huge ocean-going tuna with a 6lb fishing reel...
    Oh well, I never thought of finding someone I love is a sport....

Since it is now used as a example, I would like to refer the country as ocean and the baits as qualities of the man or woman. When edible fishes are few and rare...what do you do? we sailed to far away ocean...in search of the desired catch right?

May I ask now..... what if the ocean is polluted? fish quality is not up to specs? Do I want to restrict myself fishing in a pond? Good fishes is everywhere....but you just have to learn about going home empty handed when the fish ain't the one for you. 'catch and release'?

I dun think referring someone you love/loved as a catch is the correct mentality here. Is it?

p/s: The worst thing about this whole ordeal was the misconceptions of the fishes which the fishermen/women caught. In someone's eyes, the fish is regarded as 'Grouper' or 'Kerapu'.....but it is the fisherman who tried it knew the fish he/she caught is really a 'lion fish' or worst....'lead poisoned'. The side effect can be felt in years to come.......baits was good, method was correct too....what went wrong?
    Last edited by Benign; 7th March 2005 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Ten dollars?
    Yes ten dollars.

Guy:"What do we get for ten dollars?"

Viet girl:"Everything you want!"

Guy:"Everything?"

Viet girl:"Everything!"

Ooooooh.............

And oh BTW, i dun make love to a fish. How you guys do it?
    Last edited by afbug; 7th March 2005 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by argent2
    ..... what does a fisherman do when he catches no fish? First step, he checks if he is fishing in the right place, and make sure he has the right bait or changes the fishing technique! It's silly to try to catch huge ocean-going tuna with a 6lb fishing reel...
    Eskimo men can catch nice size fish with only a rope and a hole in the frozen surface. How come we have to import fish from China and Vietnam? It's not that we use cheap baits.

Maybe our fish don't like to be hooked? Maybe they like to play the hunters? Next time you go out fishing, I suggest you go out without the fishing rod. Just be a fish to be hooked by the fisherwomen for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    ......And oh BTW, i dun make love to a fish. How you guys do it?
    Can we know what size goldfish bowl you are using?

anna fukuyama

Default But you want the fish right?

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Oh well, I never thought of finding someone I love is a sport....

Since it is now used as a example, I would like to refer the country as ocean and the baits as qualities of the man or woman. When edible fishes are few and rare...what do you do? we sailed to far away ocean...in search of the desired catch right?

May I ask now..... what if the ocean is polluted? fish quality is not up to specs? Do I want to restrict myself fishing in a pond? Good fishes is everywhere....but you just have to learn about going home empty handed when the fish ain't the one for you. 'catch and release'?

I dun think referring someone you love/loved as a catch is the correct mentality here. Is it?

p/s: The worst thing about this whole ordeal was the misconceptions of the fishes which the fishermen/women caught. In someone's eyes, the fish is regarded as 'Grouper' or 'Kerapu'.....but it is the fisherman who tried it knew the fish he/she caught is really a 'lion fish' or worst....'lead poisoned'. The side effect can be felt in years to come.......baits was good, method was correct too....what went wrong?
    Hmm, i believe your original intent was to catch the fish (ie comparing gals so you could find one to marry ), never mind the process.. so true of many males, the end-point being more important. What if you are not destined to catch any? Would you just buy one home and be happy forever?

BTW, I don't think of marriage as catching fish, i am referring more to the process of courtship, which at the end of the day, results in a happy matrimonal (we can hope, can't we?). As we can notice in the world around us, there are some people destined to go home empty-handed and to remain single. Maybe if we could accept that alternative, none of us would need to compare gals like commodities, instead to work on our characters that we can turn out fine people, rather than focusing on a search for a mate (of which i use the metaphor 'fishing').

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011