Page 79 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2954697477787980818489 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2014

Thread: Sentosa Thread V(...wah seh! Season 5 liaos!)

  1. #1561
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    i have invested too too too much in NIKON to change system...

  2. #1562
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    but i must say, i am really impressed by 1DM2..full frame CMOS 24x36, 16.7M, Digic2 image processor, 4 frames per sec up to 32 consecutive high jpeg or 11 RAW file.
    1D MKII is not full frame.

    If you can get hold of one, test this, set the ISO at 100, see the buffer level. Set it to 200 and see the buffer level again, by ISO 800, you should be able to take 16 shots only and not the acclaimed 32 shots.

  3. #1563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    NO..no..no...I will stay true to NIKON.....i am looking at a 85mm f1.4..the legendary fastest lens in the NIKON family....

    but i must say, i am really impressed by 1DM2..full frame CMOS 24x36, 16.7M, Digic2 image processor, 4 frames per sec up to 32 consecutive high jpeg or 11 RAW file.
    Wah 85 1.4 is really good lens

    If only Canon pro series weren't so "untouchable" prices.. I'll stick to canon all the way...

    in the long run I'm considering multiple systems for different shoots... instead of 1 or 2 pro bodies.. I'll have 2 or 3 consumers bodies and VERY specific lens
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  4. #1564
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Wah 85 1.4 is really good lens

    If only Canon pro series weren't so "untouchable" prices.. I'll stick to canon all the way...

    in the long run I'm considering multiple systems for different shoots... instead of 1 or 2 pro bodies.. I'll have 2 or 3 consumers bodies and VERY specific lens
    The 85 f/1.2L isn't that bad either.

  5. #1565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    1D MKII is not full frame.

    If you can get hold of one, test this, set the ISO at 100, see the buffer level. Set it to 200 and see the buffer level again, by ISO 800, you should be able to take 16 shots only and not the acclaimed 32 shots.
    Same marketing gimmicks mah... can shoot @ hight ISO but shoot and write at the same time loh... thus lower frame rate.

    Juz like Nikon's D70 acclaimed 140+ Jpeg continous shoot... must shoot at reduced resolution..
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  6. #1566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    The 85 f/1.2L isn't that bad either.
    for my 10D 1.6 FOV..50mm 1.4 is good enuf ... have liao
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  7. #1567
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Same marketing gimmicks mah... can shoot @ hight ISO but shoot and write at the same time loh... thus lower frame rate.
    Well, if we compare D2H/D2Hs with 1D MKII, D2H/D2Hs can do bursts at 25 RAW and 40 JPEGs across all ISO values.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Juz like Nikon's D70 acclaimed 140+ Jpeg continous shoot... must shoot at reduced resolution..
    Not a valid comparison here... hahahaha.

  8. #1568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    for my 10D 1.6 FOV..50mm 1.4 is good enuf ... have liao
    Anyway I'm refering to the different genere I shoot lah...

    Birding/Nature can pair D7D with sigma/tamaron long lens (AS inbuilt) no need to pay extra $$$ for IS or VR lens.

    However got some nickpick with the D7D... oh well..mabbe wait for the next AS cam.

    Then for wedding/portriats/Glamour get 20D (with my current lens setup)...

    Much cheaper than getting a pro body...no backup somemore.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  9. #1569
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Wah 85 1.4 is really good lens

    If only Canon pro series weren't so "untouchable" prices.. I'll stick to canon all the way...

    in the long run I'm considering multiple systems for different shoots... instead of 1 or 2 pro bodies.. I'll have 2 or 3 consumers bodies and VERY specific lens

    i would do the same too...

  10. #1570
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    1D MKII is not full frame.

    If you can get hold of one, test this, set the ISO at 100, see the buffer level. Set it to 200 and see the buffer level again, by ISO 800, you should be able to take 16 shots only and not the acclaimed 32 shots.

    if i can get hold of 1..i will share with you... then why they call it full frame when its not???? please teach me leh...

  11. #1571
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    You were referring to the 1DS MKII la, you typed 1D MKII. 1D MKII has a sensor size of 1.3X.

    Don't need to share with me, I almost threw the 1D MKII on the floor when testing out one the time. I nearly vommited trying to use the controls on the body. The 10D/20D is much easier to use IMHO.

  12. #1572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Well, if we compare D2H/D2Hs with 1D MKII, D2H/D2Hs can do bursts at 25 RAW and 40 JPEGs across all ISO values.

    Not a valid comparison here... hahahaha.
    For D2H/Hs, the catch is you must use a fast CF card....

    Why not valid? Marketing gimmicks are same for all sales mah... regardless
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  13. #1573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    You were referring to the 1DS MKII la, you typed 1D MKII. 1D MKII has a sensor size of 1.3X.

    Don't need to share with me, I almost threw the 1D MKII on the floor when testing out one the time. I nearly vommited trying to use the controls on the body. The 10D/20D is much easier to use IMHO.
    Then 1DsMkII also uses the same controls (press 2 buttons and dail at the same time)... well those using the 1 series have not much complaints.. so I guess it's a matter of getting used to it.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  14. #1574
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    For D2H/Hs, the catch is you must use a fast CF card....

    Why not valid? Marketing gimmicks are same for all sales mah... regardless
    No, fast or slow CF, 25 RAW, 40 JPEGs are GAURANTEED

  15. #1575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    No, fast or slow CF, 25 RAW, 40 JPEGs are GAURANTEED
    oic.

    So have u deceided on the H or X?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  16. #1576
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    wooo....cyrn wanna go multi-system ah

    I thinking of this also leh

  17. #1577
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    You were referring to the 1DS MKII la, you typed 1D MKII. 1D MKII has a sensor size of 1.3X.

    Don't need to share with me, I almost threw the 1D MKII on the floor when testing out one the time. I nearly vommited trying to use the controls on the body. The 10D/20D is much easier to use IMHO.
    ah yeah..scare me..oic..i typo error, mind thinking faster than fingers can type...i apologise....
    YES...yes 1DS MK2 is full frame....

  18. #1578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    wooo....cyrn wanna go multi-system ah

    I thinking of this also leh
    still gotta wait till I can justify for it loh...mabbe never...

    now even got problem justifying for a 20D

    cuz I am cutting down on my trigger happy shooting and concentrating on getting "the ideal shot".... my current setup is already overly good for such training
    Last edited by CYRN; 18th March 2005 at 04:13 PM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  19. #1579
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    still gotta wait till I can justify for it loh...mabbe never...

    now even got problem justifying for a 20D

    cuz I might be cutting down on my trigger happy shooting and concentrating on getting "the ideal shot".... my current setup is already overly good for such training
    .... same la ... for me... a 300D will be my training grounds.. only lenses now

    Unless i can justify the needs for a Dynax 7D (dreaming).... then

  20. #1580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    still gotta wait till I can justify for it loh...mabbe never...

    now even got problem justifying for a 20D

    cuz I am cutting down on my trigger happy shooting and concentrating on getting "the ideal shot".... my current setup is already overly good for such training
    Get a EOS1V to train on getting the ideal shot

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •