Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447526792 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 2014

Thread: Sentosa Thread V(...wah seh! Season 5 liaos!)

  1. #821
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    thanks for the advice... I actually got the hang of setting up (those generation 1) static page with hyperlinks all over the place... not elegant loh... ultimately I'll be using flash for my entire site... but dun know how to start with dynamic database...etc.
    Dynamic database is very poweful as you can

    - create dynamic link address on the same link
    - display ramdom photos on the webpage
    - store user ID and password
    - keep track how many time each photo is visite etc ...

    Well, so far I only use ASP script on dynamic database.

    Here is one very simple eg for u to have a feel what it is.

    http://www.haneng.com/lessons_20.asp

    Note : ASP is not the only way . You can also try other means of dynamic database with PHP, flash etc .... too.

    Updated : Sorry keyed in the wrong url. Had corrected it liao/
    Last edited by DarkForce; 10th March 2005 at 10:20 PM.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  2. #822
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    so many IT experts in Sentosa Thread, no worry man!

  3. #823
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    so many IT experts in Sentosa Thread, no worry man!
    Wait till DA speak then I better hide liao
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  4. #824
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Wait till DA speak then I better hide liao
    think i already dissappear liao

  5. #825
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    think i already dissappear liao
    You scare DA talk about WiFI connection again har ?

    Ok. Me also disappear first
    Last edited by DarkForce; 10th March 2005 at 10:31 PM.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  6. #826
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    You scare DA told about WiFI connection again har ?

    Ok. Me also disappear first
    wait he hack my PC and format all my drives how? dun play play ah!

  7. #827
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Hmm quite alot to learn, it'll take about a year or 2 to get comfortable with the above. Let me help you along


    You dont need CGI and perl if you know PHP. If you have learnt C before PHP is almost the same as C programming ( eg PHP also uses printf() ).


    For content management software take a look at http://www.opensourcecms.com/ . I think they are all using PHP/Mysql.

    Web hosting software..dont need to bother if you're using a host. But if you want to tryout your scripts at home first, use Microsoft's IIS ( Internet Information Services. To install it go to Add/Remove Programs and click on IIS. To administer the IIS go to control panel ->administrative tools->Internet Information Services. The IIS root directory is C:\inetpub\wwwroot .

    For PHP get the PHP 5 installer (http://www.php.net/get/php-5.0.3-ins.../from/a/mirror) to auto configure IIS.

    Mysql is a harder to use, most ppl install a GUI app like PHPMyAdmin to make their life easier when dealing with Mysql.
    Ehh... Just in case you using Windows XP Home, XP Home dun have IIS.. Only Win XP Pro and above.

  8. #828
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    wait he hack my PC and format all my drives how? dun play play ah!
    Format PC is no longer use liao. Now they will just plant some codes in your PC and use your resource to attack others for more resource to attack many others
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  9. #829
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy
    Ehh... Just in case you using Windows XP Home, XP Home dun have IIS.. Only Win XP Pro and above.
    this is the work around for WinXP Home. http://www.webthang.co.uk/tuts/tuts_...h/pippo_xp.asp

  10. #830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    use simple click and go la..
    less risk of yr photo being leech....
    umm... I dun understand... simple click and go... tot it makes it easier for photos to be leeched
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  11. #831
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    umm... I dun understand... simple click and go... tot it makes it easier for photos to be leeched
    Pease take note that you just need to run a website file scanner program on a targeted website address to download all photos.

    Unless u break the related path of those location under the same domain. Use ASP or other script to dynamic generate the link only upon the user's request, will make it harder for them to leeched your photos in your server.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  12. #832
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Pease take note that you just need to run a website file scanner program on a targeted website address to download all photos.

    Unless u break the related path of those location under the same domain. Use ASP or other script to dynamic generate the link only upon the user's request, will make it harder for them to leeched your photos in your server.
    there's a button on my keyboard that can leech any photos!

  13. #833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Hmm quite alot to learn, it'll take about a year or 2 to get comfortable with the above. Let me help you along


    You dont need CGI and perl if you know PHP. If you have learnt C before PHP is almost the same as C programming ( eg PHP also uses printf() ).


    For content management software take a look at http://www.opensourcecms.com/ . I think they are all using PHP/Mysql.

    Web hosting software..dont need to bother if you're using a host. But if you want to tryout your scripts at home first, use Microsoft's IIS ( Internet Information Services. To install it go to Add/Remove Programs and click on IIS. To administer the IIS go to control panel ->administrative tools->Internet Information Services. The IIS root directory is C:\inetpub\wwwroot .

    For PHP get the PHP 5 installer (http://www.php.net/get/php-5.0.3-ins.../from/a/mirror) to auto configure IIS.

    Mysql is a harder to use, most ppl install a GUI app like PHPMyAdmin to make their life easier when dealing with Mysql.
    Thanks... this is exactly the kind of advice I'm looking for... a starting point and a direction... been all over the place and now liao
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  14. #834
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    umm... I dun understand... simple click and go... tot it makes it easier for photos to be leeched
    ppl canot right click and save as.....

  15. #835
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    there's a button on my keyboard that can leech any photos!
    I am talking about all the photos , say more than 1000+ .

    Your save as or print screen key only capture those photo display on the screen unless u are going to click the link 1000+ time loh
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  16. #836
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    ppl canot right click and save as.....
    bro,

    All images display in IE / NS are first download and store in your internet temp directory before showing on the screen.

    We can always help ourselve in that directory. No need to do a right click to save as

    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  17. #837
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    I am talking about all the photos , say more than 1000+ .

    Your save as or print screen key only capture those photo display on the screen unless u are going to click the link 1000+ time loh
    why cannot? one day save 50 photos.

  18. #838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    there's a button on my keyboard that can leech any photos!
    I wonder if the html code to disable right click can be modified to disable that key or not.. or link that keypress to another site
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  19. #839
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    why cannot? one day save 50 photos.
    Well, u will need even more time when those are dynamic link and random display photos.

    Good luck to you loh
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  20. #840
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Yes. but the picture are in flash files, so can't be edited rite?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •