Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 82328313233343538435883 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 2014

Thread: Sentosa Thread V(...wah seh! Season 5 liaos!)

  1. #641
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    did you try re-installing the buring program... or use another program to burn?
    The drive 90% RIP ... cos it worked fine before ... the drive itself is housed in a firewire external case.

  2. #642
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    HEh .. I've got a TDK .. Panasonic (DVD-RAM) and a Sony (pending investigation of churning out spoilt media).
    Throw those away, buy Plextor.

  3. #643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    YOU ARE SCARY ...
    going for cheap solutions lah... how can I afford THAT?

    But basically looking for a stand alone RAID solution that can hold from 500GB to 1TB data. From SLS I found a RAID card for about $600+ comes with 4 external FW HDD casing... dunnoe about it's reliability leh... and not stand alone.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  4. #644
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    But basically looking for a stand alone RAID solution that can hold from 500GB to 1TB data. From SLS I found a RAID card for about $600+ comes with 4 external FW HDD casing... dunnoe about it's reliability leh... and not stand alone.
    Try Storage Studio @ SLS 4F, they got lots of solutions for your needs.

    ps: I am not affiliated nor associated with them.

  5. #645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    The drive 90% RIP ... cos it worked fine before ... the drive itself is housed in a firewire external case.
    you might like to plug a HDD into the FW casing xfer a few chuncks of data to verify that it's not your FW setup giving you prob.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  6. #646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    Try Storage Studio @ SLS 4F, they got lots of solutions for your needs.

    ps: I am not affiliated nor associated with them.
    went there before... think they tried to chop me leh...

    Ask for a simple raid system.. ended up recommending a 2.4K "external" raid controller wif 3 HDD bays... somemore no network cap...

    that's how I got the from bbb a simple RAID solution to BBB NAS RAID....
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  7. #647
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    you might like to plug a HDD into the FW casing xfer a few chuncks of data to verify that it's not your FW setup giving you prob.
    Yeap did that already .. sony DVD writers suck ...

    DVDRW no issues its the DVDR ... so most likely going to use that drive for DVD-/+RW only.

  8. #648
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    went there before... think they tried to chop me leh...

    Ask for a simple raid system.. ended up recommending a 2.4K "external" raid controller wif 3 HDD bays... somemore no network cap...

    that's how I got the from bbb a simple RAID solution to BBB NAS RAID....
    You must know the staff there ... i know them * whistles * ... bought so much things from them that if they don't give a good price.. i won't go back

  9. #649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    You must know the staff there ... i know them * whistles * ... bought so much things from them that if they don't give a good price.. i won't go back

    hahaha... I seldom buy things from a particular shop mah.... no PR skill

    gtg... see you guys later.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  10. #650
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Hmm .. Lightscribe huh?
    Heard of tat being mentioned but I know nuts abt DVD writers...only tat there are so many different formats & everyone in e industry is using different standard.
    Wats Lightscribe exactly? Another mode; from BenQ 1652(i think) is with Lightscribe.
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  11. #651
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    Throw those away, buy Plextor.
    No thanks .. very happy with my TDK / Panasonic combo ... since i need DVD-RAM for data backup for my servers at home

  12. #652
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    went there before... think they tried to chop me leh...

    Ask for a simple raid system.. ended up recommending a 2.4K "external" raid controller wif 3 HDD bays... somemore no network cap...

    that's how I got the from bbb a simple RAID solution to BBB NAS RAID....
    Haha, no lah, what I mean is that take a look at the products and choose the prices that suit ur need. Ask them sure give u higher end stuff, BTW, 2.4k is the mid-range one.

    For a simple system, get a tower casing to house ur drives, get a SATA raid card for either RAID5 or RAID10 (0+1) configuration. This should be the cheaper solution.

    Unless u want external casing, then go for those external NAS box.

  13. #653
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    No thanks .. very happy with my TDK / Panasonic combo ... since i need DVD-RAM for data backup for my servers at home
    Want DVD-RAM ah? Then get the LG 16x BAO-KA-LIAO DVD writer lor, cheap cheap, <$150.

  14. #654
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryphon
    Heard of tat being mentioned but I know nuts abt DVD writers...only tat there are so many different formats & everyone in e industry is using different standard.
    Wats Lightscribe exactly? Another mode; from BenQ 1652(i think) is with Lightscribe.
    Lightscribe is actually using the laser to burn a pattern or design onto the non-readable portion of the CDR. Needs a specific media though.

    Something like the Yamaha's DiscT@too technology a while back.

  15. #655
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    Want DVD-RAM ah? Then get the LG 16x BAO-KA-LIAO DVD writer lor, cheap cheap, <$150.
    Don't really trust LG .. that's why i got something from the originators of the DVDRAM - Panasonic.

    I bought it cheap since Storage Studio had some promo on the drive a while back. They only had limited pieces.. was fortunate enough to spot it

  16. #656
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    It is just a bookmark to track where I had read until so please ignore this post.

    Thank you
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  17. #657
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Win liao!!! DF

  18. #658
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,169

    Default

    Haha.. gd 1 DF.

    see u all at STG!!!!

  19. #659
    Senior Member GENO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Teddy Bear Land
    Posts
    2,981

    Default

    Good afternoon, people....feel like sleeping after lunch..
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

  20. #660
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Sleep sleep!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •