Thread: cropping

Default cropping

hi guys. i would like to ask experience portraits shooter how they crop their pics? coz found that alot of their pic appear so wonderful. do u guys crop d pic with d cam by composing or use photoshop to crop? thanks alot

Blog Entries

I use both ways, normally I shoot a bit wider and do fine cropping via PS
    BTW is your viewfinder 100%, non pre cameras are usually not 100% so it will be difficult to do fine cropping with your cam.

try to compose during the shooting

occasionally cropping out bits of distracting edges is ok

Most cameras give approx 95% of the picture in the viewfinder. Take a few shots with your camera and find out how the 5% is distributed. So the next time you take the REAL shots, keep the 5% in mind and compose it a little tighter than you instinctively want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection
    Most cameras give approx 95% of the picture in the viewfinder. Take a few shots with your camera and find out how the 5% is distributed. So the next time you take the REAL shots, keep the 5% in mind and compose it a little tighter than you instinctively want to.

yes and mostly the distribution is not equal. You have you find out thou experience where the 5% is distributed (eg, the 5% may be more on the left side of the viewfinder than right)

DSLRs... D70 and 300D are they 100%? i can't remember... long time never touch manual :S heehee
    Budget wedding photographer :)

nah i close to never crop on comp.... to me doin it manually by zooming and walking closer or vv..... perhaps its due to the film backgrd...but sure saves alot of work...

I never crop... what u c is what u get

just read up! D70 has a 95% view frm the finder!
    Budget wedding photographer :)