Thread: what do u do with your low capacity memory card?

Red face what do u do with your low capacity memory card?

just curious , what do u do with memory card like 8MB, 16MB, 64MB one?

keep at home also collect dust, take out to use, will have to change cards often , troublesome.

Blog Entries

256MB card put into P&S camera.
    Sold away the rest with the old camera.
    So no more Cards left.

Time to buy another 1GB

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    256MB card put into P&S camera.
    Sold away the rest with the old camera.
    So no more Cards left.

Time to buy another 1GB
    low memory card can still sell meh? eg 16Mb, 32MB how to sell? S$1?

U can use them as door stopper.....
    Or for kpo purpose, use a spanner to pile open the plastic body, and see what actually is inside the compact flash card.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    U can use them as door stopper.....
    Or for kpo purpose, use a spanner to pile open the plastic body, and see what actually is inside the compact flash card.
    maybe can keep and 10 years later, it is antique liao

Can pass to me!!! for my 16MB outing

-> http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...5&page=1&pp=20

I'm serious... really

got those CF 8mb, 16mb & 32mb ones... i seriously dunno where are they now...

i remember 64mb or 128mb SD in a very old pocket pc with my gf now, use to play those PPC games... since those games use very little space

den now have 4 CF i use often... 1x 2gb, 2x 1GB, & 1x 256mb(for super urgent use, otherwise put in A80), should be looking for a 1x 4gb or a 1x 2gb...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

btw, is the 2GB and 4GB stable?

bcos i heard from some friend that it is better to buy 1GB now...dunno if it is technically true or just some untrue rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    btw, is the 2GB and 4GB stable?

bcos i heard from some friend that it is better to buy 1GB now...dunno if it is technically true or just some untrue rumour?
    hmm the 2gb i have is quite flat, & like the other CF i have... doesn't slip or rock on the table...

i dunno if its my DSLR problem, but i think mayb i haven cleared the buffer before i pull out the CF, hence i get some lost image on the CF, does not happen on those simple cameras like A80 or F828, cos they need you to write onto the CF before taking the next pic.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

low memory card can still sell meh? eg 16Mb, 32MB how to sell? S$1?
    bundle together with camera and sell lah!
    read properly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    got those CF 8mb, 16mb & 32mb ones... i seriously dunno where are they now...

i remember 64mb or 128mb SD in a very old pocket pc with my gf now, use to play those PPC games... since those games use very little space

den now have 4 CF i use often... 1x 2gb, 2x 1GB, & 1x 256mb(for super urgent use, otherwise put in A80), should be looking for a 1x 4gb or a 1x 2gb...
    Hey DCA when you buy your 2 or 4gb can sell me your old 1gb. or better yet let me look after for you.

just curious , what do u do with memory card like 8MB, 16MB, 64MB one?

keep at home also collect dust, take out to use, will have to change cards often , troublesome.

Use them like floppy disc on my PCs and notebook. Transferring small files here and there when coupled it to my 6-in-1 card reader. Thus I finally get to say goodbye to any floppy drive on my PCs.

Larger ones like my 128mb and 256 mb magicsticks I use them for my mp3 playback on my CLIE. Don;t need long big giga giga IPOD type thingy since I don;t listen to songs but all the american standup comedy nasty humours hehe..so just load some new ones and hear it till I get sick of them and then reload more.

Think for now there is alway some use for all this so called smaller capacity memory module.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    Hey DCA when you buy your 2 or 4gb can sell me your old 1gb. or better yet let me look after for you.
    actually i find that i am a trigger happy person... normally about 1/2 a morning i can finish a 2gb (cos shoot in raw) so end up saving shots when using the 1gb...

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    Use them like floppy disc on my PCs and notebook. Transferring small files here and there when coupled it to my 6-in-1 card reader. Thus I finally get to say goodbye to any floppy drive on my PCs.

Larger ones like my 128mb and 256 mb magicsticks I use them for my mp3 playback on my CLIE. Don;t need long big giga giga IPOD type thingy since I don;t listen to songs but all the american standup comedy nasty humours hehe..so just load some new ones and hear it till I get sick of them and then reload more.

Think for now there is alway some use for all this so called smaller capacity memory module.

Same.... I'm also using it as floppy replacement coupled it to my 6-in-1 card.

send to museum

Using my 8MB MS in my PDA as my bible.

Basically my PDA is nothing more than a electronic bible. Handphone already took over the rest of the jobs.

We need someone to design a Memory card convertor so that we can use our MS, SD,MMC on PS2!! (PS2 mem card only 8MB)

Donate to me lor, welcome all PM

Still gathering dust in my card case.I have another 64mb SDMMC lying around.Wait till I get my Xphone..
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

totally agree with samy888. just get those reader/writer & use those low capacity cards as thumb drive/portable storage. i got an Imation Go reader/writer & its small enuf to use as a thumb drive, not that its that small but smaller than those 6-in-1 card readers. very useful & u'll be surprise how much data can be put into 16MB.

remember it must print reader/writer on the device, if its just reader, u might get errors when writing data into the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    totally agree with samy888. just get those reader/writer & use those low capacity cards as thumb drive/portable storage. i got an Imation Go reader/writer & its small enuf to use as a thumb drive, not that its that small but smaller than those 6-in-1 card readers. very useful & u'll be surprise how much data can be put into 16MB.

remember it must print reader/writer on the device, if its just reader, u might get errors when writing data into the cards.
    heh..well actually I don't just use my 6-in-1 cardreaders. I use other ways to get the data to anyone of my PCs / Notebool easy. I can use my CLIE when it is connected to my PC as a removeable drive, or my Sony digital camera or Nikon D70 which also has a removable drive protocol so file explorer sees my cameras as a HDD drive too and my notebook, I bought one of those PCMCIA adapter ($16 multi card reader/writer) to read my CFs and Magicsticks. So in fact, I carry my memory modules around only. Since I has bought about 3 CLIEs, 1 Sony Camera all this time, I have like a few 8mb to 64mb memory sticks and there are my CFs from 128mb to 1gig. Sure are alot of modules so might as well put it to good use man....best part about using them as a floppy replacement...FAST COPYING MAN! heheh...and hard to get corrupted or delicate like a typical floppy. Drop a floppy on the floor can sometime make my heart stop!. heheh...