Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my CRT monitor dying?

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Yeah, this we all know, and when you spend, it's really...

BUY BUY BUY!!!

Sshh..... not so loud!

But must have change of lifestyle already... bank account really suffering... I rue the day I got BACK (yes, the word is BACK) into photography. I wasn't spending serious money for the longest time while my old lenses were growing beautiful gardens of fungi & mould.

So apart from Sony, Eizo and maybe the Samsung 910T, any other LCDs worth considering?

If it's CRT, then which brands/models good?

Ironically, my older 15in monitor is surviving longer then this 17in Samsung monitor which is much newer. Sigh, they certainly don't make things like they used too.

Deregistered

I have no idea on Sony LCDs, but I have heard very good things on Eizo's, Sharp's and BenQ's esp for their 24 bit panels. I personally like Apple Cinema Display for their hi-res and good rendering of colours, esp the 30"

CRT is only one choice - Sony.

Sad to say, I couldn't find any Sony 19" or 21" around in the market, was tempted by the Sony Artisan series which requires special order, and is darn expensive, I gave up and switched to LCD.

Pretty pleased with that my current LCD can deliver with analogue.

Since you want to spend some serious money, try the Apple Cinema Displays they start from $1488 and up. Hehehee.

Had a chance to check out the Sony SDM-S204 today, and I must say that it's quite a nice panel. Especially they are running dual monitor with it... wow.

Running 1600 x 1200 with 2 panels side by side is really a visual stunner. The entire desktop looks so spacious...

Only that is if you can afford the hefty $1800++ price tag.

http://www.sonystyle.com.sg/cgi-bin5...oduct&Message=

Sorry, but i have a bad experience with sony 17" flat crt. Lasted me for one year and its gone...

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I have no idea on Sony LCDs, but I have heard very good things on Eizo's, Sharp's and BenQ's esp for their 24 bit panels. I personally like Apple Cinema Display for their hi-res and good rendering of colours, esp the 30"

CRT is only one choice - Sony.

Sad to say, I couldn't find any Sony 19" or 21" around in the market, was tempted by the Sony Artisan series which requires special order, and is darn expensive, I gave up and switched to LCD.

Pretty pleased with that my current LCD can deliver with analogue.

Since you want to spend some serious money, try the Apple Cinema Displays they start from $1488 and up. Hehehee.
    espn,
    where can i get the apple cinema display? are they compatible with pc? and are they sold seperately? any websites or reviews?

Deregistered

You can get it from most apple retailers, I have seen the 30" on display at Apple@Funan & Wheelock place.

They are usable via DVI output oni, so your PC should have a DVI video card.

Yes they are sold seperately. You can check out http://www.apple.com.sg/

yar... 6k only. buy!
    sigh.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Clown
    yar... 6k only. buy!
    Last sunday I checked with the apple @ Bishan, they say price drop liao. $4K+ for the 30" ACD.

TEMPTING SIA!!!

You all very rich. Me...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by syrinx
    You all very rich. Me...
    You.... EVEN RICHER!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12