Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 275

Thread: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

  1. #221

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Guys sorry for not being about to add you guys to the whatsap chat room as it hit a total of 30. Hope the new upgrade will be able to max the number of 30. Sry
    ď You donít take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

  2. #222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gc photography
    Nice shots Zac.
    Thanks Gerald. See u guys soon for street shooting.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  3. #223
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Hi All, I'm newbie here, oso looking kaki to go out take photo,if got any activity can PM me.Thks...email: bert-27@hotmail.com

  4. #224

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Sure it just show how unprofessional and inexperience the photographer is, it's as simple as that. My reply to fudegcake paiseh.
    Last edited by gc photography; 17th December 2012 at 08:29 PM.
    ď You donít take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

  5. #225

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Quote Originally Posted by gc photography View Post
    Sure it just show how unprofessional and inexperience the photographer is, it's as simple as that. My reply to fudegcake paiseh.
    Ooh... wat happened bro?
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  6. #226

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    LOL I was just replying to fudgecake.

    ( Photographer who took 5 shots and let me judge which is better. That is my job after all. If you wanna avoid all the hassle, you should've gotten the photographer to sort, edit and delete the photos first before passing to you. )
    ď You donít take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

  7. #227
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gc photography
    LOL I was just replying to fudgecake.

    ( Photographer who took 5 shots and let me judge which is better. That is my job after all. If you wanna avoid all the hassle, you should've gotten the photographer to sort, edit and delete the photos first before passing to you. )
    I don't see how that's unprofessional Gerald. Could you please clarify?

    Quote Originally Posted by gc photography
    If you are working at a event and your job is to select, crop and fix image handed to you by those event photographer for immediate printing.
    Note that it is my (referring to the "you" that Gerald talked about) job to SELECT, crop and fix. I would prefer the photographer to provide me with more pictures do that I can do MY job of selecting rather than letting the photographer do it for me. This would also allow the photographer to do HIS job rather than sorting images while on the fly.

    It would be unprofessional to expect the photographer to shoot and select the photos for you. Especially since he's not paid to do YOUR job.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  8. #228

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Quote Originally Posted by gc photography View Post
    LOL I was just replying to fudgecake.

    ( Photographer who took 5 shots and let me judge which is better. That is my job after all. If you wanna avoid all the hassle, you should've gotten the photographer to sort, edit and delete the photos first before passing to you. )
    OIC... Haha... Everybody got their own pattern one la... Rest & Relax k... Cheers...
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  9. #229

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    I don't see how that's unprofessional Gerald. Could you please clarify?



    Note that it is my (referring to the "you" that Gerald talked about) job to SELECT, crop and fix. I would prefer the photographer to provide me with more pictures do that I can do MY job of selecting rather than letting the photographer do it for me. This would also allow the photographer to do HIS job rather than sorting images while on the fly.

    It would be unprofessional to expect the photographer to shoot and select the photos for you. Especially since he's not paid to do YOUR job.
    Hey bros... Chill k... Let's go shooting soon k...
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  10. #230

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Guys... Shoot Shoot... Come Come... Seeya all on Friday Nitez...

    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  11. #231
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Guys, there are no so-called standard way of doing things as a photographer. It is down to individual habits which they think that suits them best. If I were to add in my way of doing things, I guess it will bring up another disagreement. Cheers*

  12. #232

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Quote Originally Posted by HazeMaze View Post
    Guys, there are no so-called standard way of doing things as a photographer. It is down to individual habits which they think that suits them best. If I were to add in my way of doing things, I guess it will bring up another disagreement. Cheers*
    Ya I agree. To each his own, and it depends on client's preference too. Cheers.
    Btw, Can add me to the FB group pls? :-) I stay in the west.

  13. #233

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Dear fudgecake have you ever work late nights rushing hundreds of image to meet a deadline ? If you have been working in this trade for a year like i do, i sincerely believe you will not be asking me a question stupid question like this.

    What I'm saying is if given a choice would you prefer to work with a professional photography who knows his stuff or a half past six photographer who can't make up his mind on which image to use and end up relying on you to chose instead. It just show how incompetent the photographer is, do you not agreed ? I have work with fantastic photographer who are confident with their work and are a breeze to work with. Some of these professional that i had work with started out in 1988 working for the Singapore press holding, Singapore broad casting and some are even appointed for NDP as main the main photographer. They all have something in common that is an eye for photography and they know what they wants and normally they will not give you double or even triple image to chose from.


    Fudgecake may i ask if photography is a hobby to you or a profession ???



    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    I don't see how that's unprofessional Gerald. Could you please clarify?



    Note that it is my (referring to the "you" that Gerald talked about) job to SELECT, crop and fix. I would prefer the photographer to provide me with more pictures do that I can do MY job of selecting rather than letting the photographer do it for me. This would also allow the photographer to do HIS job rather than sorting images while on the fly.

    It would be unprofessional to expect the photographer to shoot and select the photos for you. Especially since he's not paid to do YOUR job.
    ď You donít take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

  14. #234

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Dear Fudgecakes i sincerely invite you to work with me on this 21st this Friday for an company event and experiences for yourself what I'm trying to get across.
    ď You donít take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

  15. #235
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Quote Originally Posted by gc photography View Post
    Dear fudgecake have you ever work late nights rushing hundreds of image to meet a deadline ? If you have been working in this trade for a year like i do, i sincerely believe you will not be asking me a question stupid question like this.

    What I'm saying is if given a choice would you prefer to work with a professional photography who knows his stuff or a half past six photographer who can't make up his mind on which image to use and end up relying on you to chose instead. It just show how incompetent the photographer is, do you not agreed ? I have work with fantastic photographer who are confident with their work and are a breeze to work with. Some of these professional that i had work with started out in 1988 working for the Singapore press holding, Singapore broad casting and some are even appointed for NDP as main the main photographer. They all have something in common that is an eye for photography and they know what they wants and normally they will not give you double or even triple image to chose from.


    Fudgecake may i ask if photography is a hobby to you or a profession ???
    Actually, it really depends on the workflow of the team. If the photographer is shooting non-stop, and the photos are transmitted via wireless connection to a holding area, and the job of the backend support team is to pick out the good photos according to a criteria, so as to process and send for instant printing or live projection, I do not see how it is unprofessional to do so. I have seen many excellent photography teams do this, and their work is impeccable, both in technical skills and running a business.

    I am interested why you think that they are unprofessional?

  16. #236
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    BTW, please refrain from posting images in this thread. This thread is meant for organizing and signup for outings. Please create a thread in the Photo Gallery section of the forum, and direct the attendees to post their photos there. And this thread is also not meant for discussions or chit chat as well.

    And when an event is over, close the thread. For a new event, start a new thread.

    Moving this thread to Kopitiam section for now.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 18th December 2012 at 12:53 AM.

  17. #237

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Actually, it really depends on the workflow of the team. If the photographer is shooting non-stop, and the photos are transmitted via wireless connection to a holding area, and the job of the backend support team is to pick out the good photos according to a criteria, so as to process and send for instant printing or live projection, I do not see how it is unprofessional to do so. I have seen many excellent photography teams do this, and their work is impeccable, both in technical skills and running a business.

    I am interested why you think that they are unprofessional?
    Thank you dear Moderator Daredevil123 this thread is not meant for discussions or chit chat and i take your advice to close this thread.
    ď You donít take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams

  18. #238
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Quote Originally Posted by gc photography View Post
    Thank you dear Moderator Daredevil123 this thread is not meant for discussions or chit chat and i take your advice to close this thread.
    You can close the thread yourself since you are the thread starter. Just click "Administrative" on the right side of the menu bar. The "Close Thread" option is there.

    Since this thread is now moved to Kopitiam, you can chit-chat all you want now. Your call.

    Try to keep the threads clean if you are going to start any gathering and outing threads. You can look at other outing threads and see how others do it.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 18th December 2012 at 08:16 AM.

  19. #239
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Quote Originally Posted by gc photography View Post
    Dear fudgecake have you ever work late nights rushing hundreds of image to meet a deadline ? If you have been working in this trade for a year like i do, i sincerely believe you will not be asking me a question stupid question like this.

    What I'm saying is if given a choice would you prefer to work with a professional photography who knows his stuff or a half past six photographer who can't make up his mind on which image to use and end up relying on you to chose instead. It just show how incompetent the photographer is, do you not agreed ? I have work with fantastic photographer who are confident with their work and are a breeze to work with. Some of these professional that i had work with started out in 1988 working for the Singapore press holding, Singapore broad casting and some are even appointed for NDP as main the main photographer. They all have something in common that is an eye for photography and they know what they wants and normally they will not give you double or even triple image to chose from.

    Fudgecake may i ask if photography is a hobby to you or a profession ???
    Please be reminded that insulting or use of derogatory language here is not tolerated. Please be civil when engaging in discussions.

    Warning served.

  20. #240
    Member cephaschew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

    Hi Friends! I'm new to club snap & still plenty to learn about photography, would like to know more about the east end kahkis & what they are organising? Thks!!!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •