Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copyright Infringement of Marilyn's photo

vince123123
    Guests

the company which took action in the streetdirectory case hired over 30 law firms...which one you wan to choose? :P

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    the pictures were used in a newspaper ad, how to remove?
    Can ask them to stop using and pay damages.

Get a lier... ooops lawyer that has experience in copyright issues.
    Maybe the one that streetdirectory.com hired to fight their case
    against companies that leeched maps off their website.

FYI the company paid them $10K

Quote Originally Posted by eric69
    Not to the extend of pouring cold water on you, but I'm interested to know the extend which you would go, on suing the guy. By merely engaging a lawyer, the cost will probably set you back, not to mention the time and effort into going for one.

However, it would be good to know what can come out of this matter, so that all of us can learn from your episode.

You or your lawyer will probably inform the company engaged in the chatline advertisement and give them min 3 days to remove the pictures. Chances are they will remove the pictures and I doubt you can ask for compensation of any kind.

However, I did remembered that one opposition MP (lawyer-trained too) also got some kind of damage when one resturant used his photo to adventise his resturant. The MP sued him and I thought he got some sort of monetary compensation.
    Anyway, good luck.

thats chiam see tong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    the company which took action in the streetdirectory case hired over 30 law firms...which one you wan to choose? :P
    Any one, just choose one, does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    why hire 30 law firms? 1 not enough meh?

Aiyah ..... just go to A&G lah ..... biggest law firm in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    why hire 30 law firms? 1 not enough meh?
    Can guess mah ......

Streetdirectory is fighting a case with a lot of companies regarding the use of their maps. These companies has dealing with a few law firms too, thus the law firms involved will not / cannot fight the case for Streetdirectory (conflict of interest), thus streetdirectory got to find other law firms that does not have commerical dealing with the defending companies lor ......

Quote Originally Posted by rncw
    thats chiam see tong.
    Oh... Thanks, you said it, not me hor...

Anyway, Krik should restain from saying anything on this website or any media if he intend to sue the company. Let the lawyer or lawyers do the talking. Any written communication regards to this case, including what Krik said, can be used as evidence. So in order not to say anything that may affect the case, don't say anything is the best until the case is ended. However, if the company choose to settle out-of-court (assuming that the lawyers manage to do so), they might sign a non-disclosure agreement. Bottom-line is, we may not be able to know the outcome afterall.

I'm not a lawyer. So take it that I'm farting if I said something wrong. Hehe... please don't sue me hor ...
    Last edited by eric69; 1st March 2005 at 02:05 PM.

uh if u can tell me which issue of newpaper last week, I can ask my friend who works in SPH to help u keep one or two copies.

kirk, all the best.
    also do us a favour too by giving him a very hard blow.

ok we let the lawyers do the talking. thread is closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12