Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Tilt–Shift Time-Lapse "The Lion City" By Keith Loutit

  1. #1
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Tilt–Shift Time-Lapse "The Lion City" By Keith Loutit


    Vimeo Video ID No. 49753231

    Thought I'll share this despite it being uploaded some two months ago, please do pardon me if this has already been posted somewhere.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 24th November 2012 at 04:50 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tilt–Shift Time-Lapse "The Lion City" By Keith Loutit

    Very good and unique using a Tilt shift.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Tilt–Shift Time-Lapse "The Lion City" By Keith Loutit

    impressive work! must have spent lots of time working on that

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tilt–Shift Time-Lapse "The Lion City" By Keith Loutit

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post


    Thought I'll share this despite it being uploaded some two months ago, please do pardon me if this has already been posted somewhere.

    Super nice!~ thanks for sharing!

    The basic technique involved:

    An absolutely stunning MUST SEE tilt-shift timelapse "The Lion City" | planet5D - the best DSLR video community on the planet!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    129

    Default Re: Tilt–Shift Time-Lapse "The Lion City" By Keith Loutit

    Yes, very nice!

    By the way, am I missing something? Does anyone know how he do the rain-like blur that moves across the buildings over time? Tilt-shift effect or after-effects post processing?

    Pardon my noob question. lol

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tilt–Shift Time-Lapse "The Lion City" By Keith Loutit

    Quote Originally Posted by Germs View Post
    Yes, very nice!

    By the way, am I missing something? Does anyone know how he do the rain-like blur that moves across the buildings over time? Tilt-shift effect or after-effects post processing?

    Pardon my noob question. lol
    Actually I also wish to know. very interesting way to process.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tilt–Shift Time-Lapse "The Lion City" By Keith Loutit

    Quote Originally Posted by HighTone View Post
    Actually I also wish to know. very interesting way to process.
    because of the lens system he is using.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: Tilt–Shift Time-Lapse "The Lion City" By Keith Loutit

    Very impressive work

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    129

    Default Re: Tilt–Shift Time-Lapse "The Lion City" By Keith Loutit

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    because of the lens system he is using.
    What do you mean the lens system he is using? You mean it's not the usual Canon TS-E lens?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Germs

    What do you mean the lens system he is using? You mean it's not the usual Canon TS-E lens?
    no. he describes it on the video description

  11. #11
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Tilt–Shift Time-Lapse "The Lion City" By Keith Loutit

    basically he is using the tilt and shift of a large format camera / lenses set up, attaching the DSLR to it, so you don't see any wide angle shots on the tilt shift effect, cos the shorter large format lenses is 47mm.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •