Thread: Camera Bags recommendation

Default Camera Bags recommendation

Hi, i am thinking of purchasing a camera bag that has the following specification.

1. Able to be used as a camera bag, has a laptop compartment and also can be used as a normal bag for daily use (im a student) when im not taking photos.

2. water resistant to protect from rain and have a rain cover.

3. Conform to international carry on baggage sizes so can be brought overseas.

4. Have a small external pouch for a tripod (a relatively small one)

5. Most probably is a backpack but any suggestions are nice.

Thanks everyone!!

Default Re: Camera Bags recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFreak View Post
    Hi, i am thinking of purchasing a camera bag that has the following specification.

1. Able to be used as a camera bag, has a laptop compartment and also can be used as a normal bag for daily use (im a student) when im not taking photos.

2. water resistant to protect from rain and have a rain cover.

3. Conform to international carry on baggage sizes so can be brought overseas.

4. Have a small external pouch for a tripod (a relatively small one)

5. Most probably is a backpack but any suggestions are nice.

Thanks everyone!!
    Is there a budget?

Anyway I just bought a Vanguard Uprise 48, it is a bag pack, had a laptop compartment, big enough for 2 cam bodies and had lots of space for other things, removal of the padding can free out more space for you to put books, notes, etc etc, it also had a built in pouch for your tripod, or if you didn't carry your tripod, you can put your water bottle in that area.

Padding is quite good and could protect your camera and lenses well.

For a bag its size, the selling price is quite reasonable somewhere between 17x to 18x. I got it second hand though (as was most of my stuff).

Vanguard – Photo-Video - Tripods, Camera Bags, Cases, Optics, Binoculars
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Yeah, do a search for "recommend camera bag", we have about 200 nearly identical threads
    Alpha

There are many many bags that fit your description. I can throw out quite a few from my head, just shoulder bags alone already have so many...

1. Lowepro Stealth Reporter series (larger ones)
    2. Think Tank Urban Disguise 50 and upwards
    3. Tenba Large Messenger
    4. Timbuk2 Snoop Messenger Large
    5. Manfrotto

The main issue is how important is your small external pouch, the shoulder bags usually have tripod straps at the bottom to lash, backpacks sometimes just have a flip out small pouch and straps to hold the tripod in place... And how small is small tripod? Tabletop? Zipshot?

So many variables, so little information - if you want some proper recommendations you'd have to be much much more specific than that. And even then it's subject to personal taste. You don't even mention how much gear you intend to put inside. Some backpacks can be loaded full and full of gear... Some just have a small compartment to hold maybe one camera one lens.

Just go to the manufacturers' websites (Lowepro, Tamrac, Billingham, Domke, Think Tank, Tenba, Timbuk2 to name a few... Still got Case Logic, Bagman, even Samsonite makes camera bags now) and search, do your homework, find out the price and visit the shops to try it out. I've bought a few bags that I didn't look at in detail and ended up selling it almost a week later. A bag is a very personal thing.

Cheers.

Whichever bag you pick...make sure the shoulder straps have adequate padding in case wearing the bag with everything inside for an extended amount of time.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Check the bags in the shops to get an idea about prices and models. Funan has several shops offerings camera bags, some are not specific camera shops.
    EOS

You can take a look at the think tank airport seriea