Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 87

Thread: Re: FA31 or FA43

  1. #21

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Had both before, personal preference is 31mm.

    ESP if just bringing one lens, 31 mm is more flexible for me. But color fringing slightly worse than 43mm.

    But both are still great lenses

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    haaa basket..... after using the DA70 Limited...really tio poison for the limited lens..... Pentax limited really rock.... small,light and sharp.... think very soon the 31 limited will be in my collection...

  3. #23

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Quote Originally Posted by N-user View Post
    haaa basket..... after using the DA70 Limited...really tio poison for the limited lens..... Pentax limited really rock.... small,light and sharp.... think very soon the 31 limited will be in my collection...
    Ha . Actually 31mm not that small . Since u got the 40/70 , maybe u can consider 21 to complete the "pancake party" lol . Hahaha
    My Flickr ->Flickr

  4. #24

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Pentax K5IIs, DA*16-50f2.8, DA*50-135f2.8, DA40mmf2.8XS, DA70mmf2.4, Metz 58AF2

    Dun get 31ltd,since all you need to do is to get the 15mm,21mm and 35mm limited then complete DA ltd set..i think for the pricing of 31ltd,you can get all the left over 3 of the Da ltd..provided ur 40xs u also sell and get the 40 ltd lor

  5. #25
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post
    Those with FA 31 please post some poison here since somebody is short here hahahaha

    Hahaha. . . Luckily short of $$$ so cannot get poisoned
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  6. #26

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Quote Originally Posted by Iittoo View Post
    Pentax K5IIs, DA*16-50f2.8, DA*50-135f2.8, DA40mmf2.8XS, DA70mmf2.4, Metz 58AF2

    Dun get 31ltd,since all you need to do is to get the 15mm,21mm and 35mm limited then complete DA ltd set..i think for the pricing of 31ltd,you can get all the left over 3 of the Da ltd..provided ur 40xs u also sell and get the 40 ltd lor

    as far as i'm concerned, there is only 1 valid reason for buying the FA31, or any other camera gear for that matter - because i want it!!!

    i don't make money with my gear so i'm not guided by ROI. i shoot for fun so i never have to worry that my gear failed me or that others will not like my photos because its not sharp enuff, DOF not shallow enuff or colours not vibrant enuff - there's simple no performance pressure.

    i also dun need flashy equipment to show pple that i'm "serious".

    but if i want something and if it is at a price i consider affordable, i will just buy. its a want, not a need. so no point rationalizing at all.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Hahaha. . . Luckily short of $$$ so cannot get poisoned
    Same same bro... lucky boh $$$$... else sure tio poison deep deep....

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Quote Originally Posted by Iittoo View Post
    Pentax K5IIs, DA*16-50f2.8, DA*50-135f2.8, DA40mmf2.8XS, DA70mmf2.4, Metz 58AF2

    Dun get 31ltd,since all you need to do is to get the 15mm,21mm and 35mm limited then complete DA ltd set..i think for the pricing of 31ltd,you can get all the left over 3 of the Da ltd..provided ur 40xs u also sell and get the 40 ltd lor
    Good advise bro.... will consider.... can go this way also.... frankly the FA31 ltd very the ex.... your suggestion make more sense.... ya.. like what Bro detritus say... its a want.... haaa... but this want is very ex....

  9. #29

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Quote Originally Posted by N-user View Post
    Good advise bro.... will consider.... can go this way also.... frankly the FA31 ltd very the ex.... your suggestion make more sense.... ya.. like what Bro detritus say... its a want.... haaa... but this want is very ex....
    i have it. its a good lens. focal length is just right for apsc. of course, if u dont want to pay this amt, can consider the sigma 30. its a good one also.

    i guess u can call me simple-minded lor... want to buy, just buy... dun need to think so much.

    imo, end of the day, no matter how hard u think, the process not rational, not logical one... one fine day backside itchy only wallet one hole already...

  10. #30

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    i have it. its a good lens. focal length is just right for apsc. of course, if u dont want to pay this amt, can consider the sigma 30. its a good one also.

    i guess u can call me simple-minded lor... want to buy, just buy... dun need to think so much.

    imo, end of the day, no matter how hard u think, the process not rational, not logical one... one fine day backside itchy only wallet one hole already...

    Just like the number of macro lenses u own ... Lol
    My Flickr ->Flickr

  11. #31

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersimon27 View Post
    Just like the number of macro lenses u own ... Lol
    and they give me joy through the pictures they produce. what more can i expect from them?

    and i don't have THAT many... u should see OTC's cabinet...

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    i have it. its a good lens. focal length is just right for apsc. of course, if u dont want to pay this amt, can consider the sigma 30. its a good one also.

    i guess u can call me simple-minded lor... want to buy, just buy... dun need to think so much.

    imo, end of the day, no matter how hard u think, the process not rational, not logical one... one fine day backside itchy only wallet one hole already...
    Tell me about it.... backside too itchy... nothing to do walk inside MS and SLRR..... come out with the all the gears....

    But ya.... the 31 focal length is right for APSC.... see when got $$ and backside itchy.... but think next one should be the 10-20 first....
    Last edited by N-user; 24th November 2012 at 03:00 PM.

  13. #33
    Member PhilipKr35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N-user

    Tell me about it.... backside too itchy... nothing to do walk inside MS and SLRR..... come out with the all the gears....

    But ya.... the 31 focal length is right for APSC.... see when got $$ and backside itchy.... but think next one should be the 10-20 first....
    It's not confusion, it's convulsion.
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

  14. #34

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    N-user, I guess with your baby son, you'd want the lenses to take photos of him.

    Here is one taken by the FA35/2 at f2.5 (so by extension, 'like' DA35/2.4 and quite near to FA31ltd)

    sharp, fast and easy to use indoors. Good for near or further shots.
    My only dislike is that it is sometimes too wide and takes in too much of my messy house for a portrait.

    FA43ltd (and in some ways extendable to the DA40)

    Highly dependable. Fast, good working distance for portraits indoors or out.
    Not as wide for environmental type portraits compared to the 31 or 35mm, so one has to step a bit few more steps back for the same FOV.
    Razor sharp - I consistently see very sharp results from it. Never did any 1:1 tests against other lenses, but I'm pretty convinced this is perhaps my sharpest lens.
    Just that tad bit less (in fact none) distortion when used very closed up for portraits of children.
    Also so darn sharp that my sample here had to be softened a bit on the face areas cause the baby wrinkles were showing.


    FA31ltd

    To me, one sees the difference or one does not (compared to the 35mms )
    The DA/FA35 are about 0.5ev slower in T-stop (note not f-stop) for the same exposure settings (if your are picky about such things)
    Smoother rendering of the OOF areas on the 31ltd. (this is the part where you see it and care, or you don't)
    The wider FOV and fast aperture also allows it to give a bit more spatial relation to the subject while throwing the bkgnd OOF.
    To me, its the lens that replicates a fast 50mm on FF the best in this respect.


    So no right or wrong choice.
    All lenses are good (and Pentax seldom make shabby lenses in the first place)
    Just buy within your budget.
    Some ppl don't see anything different between FA35 and FA31ltd, then just save the money and get the FA35 or DA35.
    Last edited by pinholecam; 24th November 2012 at 04:44 PM.

  15. #35

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Ok... one more..



    FA77?
    FA43ltd?
    FA*85??


    No, just the lowly DA18-55WR.

  16. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam
    Ok... one more..

    FA77?
    FA43ltd?
    FA*85??

    No, just the lowly DA18-55WR.
    Nice work bro. Normal lens also can let u take good pic. Power

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Bro, thanks for the sample.... its your skill lar... any lens you use also can product wonderful pic..... but can say your FA31 ltd pic is poisonous...

    ya got to buy within budget... else will run into trouble....

    Chance upon the new Sigma 35mmf/1.4... review until got dragon got phoenix like that.... anyone eyeing one..
    Last edited by N-user; 24th November 2012 at 06:38 PM.

  18. #38
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    FA31 is the way to go lah She says so hehe!


  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    ..... dont give me this kind of poison.... sharp, nice color rendering.... and very distracting....

  20. #40
    Senior Member nik34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    AMK Singapore
    Posts
    2,445

    Default Re: FA31 or FA43

    Nah.. one for you.
    Using FA43...Never goes wrong with either one.

    PENTAX l OldKMan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •