Thread: please recommend a carbon monopod

Default please recommend a carbon monopod

hi, i'am looking to upgrade my aluminum monopod with a more portable carbon fiber one. since the price of carbon fiber is a bit high, i'd like to get some input from the pros.

there seems to be some lower priced carbon fiber brands - fotomate, benro and even sirui. now which one of this would be the best. btw i stand at 6 feet. so i might need something that is a bit taller as i do not want to slouch while shooting.

Default Re: please recommend a carbon monopod

Benro and Sirui are usually recommended. Do a search on CS for "Carbon monopod" and you'll get lots of WTS ads and some bargains from our local CS retailers
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by tiago
    hi, i'am looking to upgrade my aluminum monopod with a more portable carbon fiber one. since the price of carbon fiber is a bit high, i'd like to get some input from the pros.

there seems to be some lower priced carbon fiber brands - fotomate, benro and even sirui. now which one of this would be the best. btw i stand at 6 feet. so i might need something that is a bit taller as i do not want to slouch while shooting.
    You can take a look at the Sirui P-326 monopod, it's pretty affordable for a carbon fibre model.

Hey, I have the Sirui P326 Carbon fiber monopod, and it is sturdy and well-built, TK Foto sells the monopod bundled with the tilt head as well.
    One Pink Dog to rule them all! The friendly neighborhood Pink Dog in ClubSnap! :D