Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Couple Of Chillies

  1. #1

    Default Couple Of Chillies

    Did this chilli series couple of weeks ago. Wanted to present common stuff in another way.Chilli is always linked with 'hot/spicy' hence i thought it would be interesting to link them with ice(something that contradicts their characters). I couldnt quite execute what i plan for but just wanna share these chillies and do drop a comment or two.


    Chillies in a pounder, waiting to be crushed.


    Chillies getting the 'cold treatment' from Mr Ice
    Last edited by ordinaryless; 1st March 2005 at 12:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Interesting! I like the 2nd one!

  3. #3

    Default

    thanks phan..

    I like the idea of the second shot too but like i said, just couldnt execute nicely..somehow the feel is not there...

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryless
    thanks phan..

    I like the idea of the second shot too but like i said, just couldnt execute nicely..somehow the feel is not there...
    Maybe can use dry ice instead...add a few drops of water will give u that smoky chilling feel...hee....just a suggestion.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia
    Maybe can use dry ice instead...add a few drops of water will give u that smoky chilling feel...hee....just a suggestion.
    Hmmz, you got pretty good suggestions.. i think i need to work out more angles and lightings as well...and perhaps more chillis...haha...

    Thanks for the suggestions dude.

  6. #6

    Default

    how about adding some cut chilli. That will make it feel hotter since psychologically we normally eat cut chilli. The seed will add more colours too.

  7. #7

    Default

    hey bro! I like the 1st one nice shots! keep it coming..haha!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryless
    thanks phan..

    I like the idea of the second shot too but like i said, just couldnt execute nicely..somehow the feel is not there...
    I felt that contary to your second title. The chillies dosen't look chilled. It just felt crowded out by the ice.

    You might like to try freezing the chillies (ie some frozen water on the chillies) and space the chilles slightly apart.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot99
    how about adding some cut chilli. That will make it feel hotter since psychologically we normally eat cut chilli. The seed will add more colours too.
    Hey flower, your idea sounds great...i can feel the 'spiciness' when i think of cut chillis. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholaslee
    hey bro! I like the 1st one nice shots! keep it coming..haha!
    Hey nicholas!!! Long time no see! haha.. Thanks for ya kind words!


    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    I felt that contary to your second title. The chillies dosen't look chilled. It just felt crowded out by the ice.

    You might like to try freezing the chillies (ie some frozen water on the chillies) and space the chilles slightly apart.
    You're right! I find that it's lack of something but dun exactly know what is it...thanks for pointing out to me CYRN!!


  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryless

    You're right! I find that it's lack of something but dun exactly know what is it...thanks for pointing out to me CYRN!!

    ice need better lighting on the second pic.
    they look flat and more like plastic than ice.
    Ice will have reflections and crystallization esp wet ice.
    i think that's the missing point.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vr666m
    ice need better lighting on the second pic.
    they look flat and more like plastic than ice.
    Ice will have reflections and crystallization esp wet ice.
    i think that's the missing point.
    Ahhh, i'm so glad i posted the pics for comments...now i got so many constructive suggestions/ideas/guidance...

    Thank you so much for pointing that out vr666m, you're so right!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •