Thread: Couple Of Chillies

Default Couple Of Chillies

Did this chilli series couple of weeks ago. Wanted to present common stuff in another way.Chilli is always linked with 'hot/spicy' hence i thought it would be interesting to link them with ice(something that contradicts their characters). I couldnt quite execute what i plan for but just wanna share these chillies and do drop a comment or two.

Chillies in a pounder, waiting to be crushed.

Chillies getting the 'cold treatment' from Mr Ice
    Last edited by ordinaryless; 1st March 2005 at 12:25 AM.

Interesting! I like the 2nd one!

thanks phan..

I like the idea of the second shot too but like i said, just couldnt execute nicely..somehow the feel is not there...

Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryless
    thanks phan..

I like the idea of the second shot too but like i said, just couldnt execute nicely..somehow the feel is not there...
    Maybe can use dry ice instead...add a few drops of water will give u that smoky chilling feel...hee....just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by phantasia
    Maybe can use dry ice instead...add a few drops of water will give u that smoky chilling feel...hee....just a suggestion.
    Hmmz, you got pretty good suggestions.. i think i need to work out more angles and lightings as well...and perhaps more chillis...haha...

Thanks for the suggestions dude.

how about adding some cut chilli. That will make it feel hotter since psychologically we normally eat cut chilli. The seed will add more colours too.

hey bro! I like the 1st one nice shots! keep it coming..haha!

thanks phan..

I felt that contary to your second title. The chillies dosen't look chilled. It just felt crowded out by the ice.

You might like to try freezing the chillies (ie some frozen water on the chillies) and space the chilles slightly apart.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot99
    how about adding some cut chilli. That will make it feel hotter since psychologically we normally eat cut chilli. The seed will add more colours too.
    Hey flower, your idea sounds great...i can feel the 'spiciness' when i think of cut chillis. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholaslee
    hey bro! I like the 1st one nice shots! keep it coming..haha!
    Hey nicholas!!! Long time no see! haha.. Thanks for ya kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    I felt that contary to your second title. The chillies dosen't look chilled. It just felt crowded out by the ice.

You might like to try freezing the chillies (ie some frozen water on the chillies) and space the chilles slightly apart.
    You're right! I find that it's lack of something but dun exactly know what is it...thanks for pointing out to me CYRN!!

You're right! I find that it's lack of something but dun exactly know what is it...thanks for pointing out to me CYRN!!

ice need better lighting on the second pic.
    they look flat and more like plastic than ice.
    Ice will have reflections and crystallization esp wet ice.
    i think that's the missing point.

Quote Originally Posted by vr666m
    ice need better lighting on the second pic.
    they look flat and more like plastic than ice.
    Ice will have reflections and crystallization esp wet ice.
    i think that's the missing point.
    Ahhh, i'm so glad i posted the pics for comments...now i got so many constructive suggestions/ideas/guidance...

Thank you so much for pointing that out vr666m, you're so right!!