Thread: Portable Harddisk & CF Card

Default Portable Harddisk & CF Card

Good Evening.....Planning to go Korea in early April. Wanted to buy a portable hardisk (20GB capacity) and a 2GB Ultra II CF Card. Anybody got any recommendation for a reliable portable hardisk and CF Card? Appreciate your reply and thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ9900
    Good Evening.....Planning to go Korea in early April. Wanted to buy a portable hardisk (20GB capacity) and a 2GB Ultra II CF Card. Anybody got any recommendation for a reliable portable hardisk and CF Card? Appreciate your reply and thanks in advance.

Compact Drive 20GB :

http://www.eastgear.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=310

Compact Flash Cards :

http://www.eastgear.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=19_20

Hope the above helps.

how many pics would you be shooting? if you don't use the highest JPEG quality, you could squeeze a lot of pics on a 2GB (I could get ~1k pics on a 8MP DSLR) and save on an additional piece of gear.

hey dude,

alternatively you could rent the portable storage device if you are going to use the PSD for just once......

cheers......

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    how many pics would you be shooting? if you don't use the highest JPEG quality, you could squeeze a lot of pics on a 2GB (I could get ~1k pics on a 8MP DSLR) and save on an additional piece of gear.

Thanks Mike for the info.... Will check further with Eastgear for details of the portable storage device and CF cards

i think there's a computer exhibition in Mar. would be a good opportunity to pick up some cheap cards then too!

Hi Mpenza,

Mostly use large fine image quality and may take some RAW pictures on my 20D. Will be going for a 8 days trip and the main purpose is to take pictures on Cherry Blossom in Korea. I do not think a 2GB CF card will be sufficient.

no problem I usually use large normal image quality on the 20D as I find little difference in the final output. but that's just me

do note that battery do not last as long in cold weather, so take care of batteries for the portable harddisk.

have a great trip

Thanks Plinius

Just curious. Where can you rent a portable storage device in Singapore? Beside how reliable are PSD? Have anyone experience all the pictures disappear in PSD?

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    no problem I usually use large normal image quality on the 20D as I find little difference in the final output. but that's just me

do note that battery do not last as long in cold weather, so take care of batteries for the portable harddisk.

have a great trip

Point noted

Quote Originally Posted by DJ9900
    Thanks Plinius

Just curious. Where can you rent a portable storage device in Singapore? Beside how reliable are PSD? Have anyone experience all the pictures disappear in PSD?
    You can try to contact the person renting the equipment... http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...ghlight=rental

Okie nyxx88

sandisk 2G ultra II
    seagate 20G 5400rpm with 5 years warranty

thats my setup. hope it helps.