Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 240

Thread: To Q or to Q10?

  1. #201
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

    Thanks for the quick reply, I wonder if it is the same for the Q ? ...I'm worried if Pentax is like Sony, the JDM models only have menu in Japanese.

    Thinking of ordering from here :Amazon.co.jpF PENTAX ƒfƒWƒ^ƒ‹ˆęŠá Q ƒŒƒ“ƒYƒLƒbƒg ƒuƒ‰ƒbƒN PENTAXQLKBK: ‰Ć“dEƒJƒƒ‰

    Anyone here knows how to read Japanese, can confirm if english menu is available on that model ?
    Hey, not sure but I supposed it would work.

    Go Google translate and just copy&paste the link.

    It will translate the page for you..
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  2. #202

    Default

    I am also tempted to buy Pentax Q from Japan but just to ask, the instruction manual will be in Japanese right? So have to get the English PDF version online if need?
    Nikon F, Olympus OM, Contax Yashica C/Y & Konica AR lenses on my PENTAX
    Adaptist

  3. #203

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Hey, not sure but I supposed it would work.

    Go Google translate and just copy&paste the link.

    It will translate the page for you..
    Thanks for the suggestion, I tried and after decyphering 80+ post of Japlish reviews, not a single one mentioned the menu language.
    Shoot everything ! ...if it moves, shoot it ! if it doesn't moves, shoot it as well !

  4. #204

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarelsek View Post
    I am also tempted to buy Pentax Q from Japan but just to ask, the instruction manual will be in Japanese right? So have to get the English PDF version online if need?
    Not so worried that the manual is in Japanese (who reads manuals nowadays anyway?) ...but if the camera's menu only speaks Japanese, that will be a problem.

    Think I'll take a risk on this one based onParanoidAndroid's and PhilipKr35's experiences, ...worst case scenario is I go take up a Japanese language course
    Shoot everything ! ...if it moves, shoot it ! if it doesn't moves, shoot it as well !

  5. #205

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post
    Not so worried that the manual is in Japanese (who reads manuals nowadays anyway?) ...but if the camera's menu only speaks Japanese, that will be a problem.

    Think I'll take a risk on this one based onParanoidAndroid's and PhilipKr35's experiences, ...worst case scenario is I go take up a Japanese language course

    Panosphere (online store here on CS) has custom color Q10 order option.
    Take a look too.
    It is supported by local warranty.

    Not sure about pricing though....

  6. #206

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Panosphere (online store here on CS) has custom color Q10 order option.
    Take a look too.
    It is supported by local warranty.

    Not sure about pricing though....
    Thanks for your post, it was your thread: The Pentax Q - a real World user review that greatly intrigue me about the Q.
    Great review and writeup !
    Shoot everything ! ...if it moves, shoot it ! if it doesn't moves, shoot it as well !

  7. #207

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post
    Thanks for your post, it was your thread: The Pentax Q - a real World user review that greatly intrigue me about the Q.
    Great review and writeup !
    Ha ha.... you should not thank me for poisoning you.

  8. #208

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Took the Q with the nice new leather casing (thanks to e-offfers) out during a short 30mins visit to MBS.
    I had planned to start with the toy Fisheye to try some shots that I had thought would work out, then revert back to old reliable Prime 01.

    But once I started, I could not stop.....








    Last edited by pinholecam; 16th May 2013 at 08:27 PM.

  9. #209

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    I'm reminded back to the time when the Q was launched and for months, all the armchair theorists out there and on PF was crying 'Doomsday' for Pentax and how silly such a small camera was.

    But to me theory does not always match with the practical.
    and fun with photography.... is not sensor size dependent



    Scottty, its not working again....






  10. #210

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?













    The Q is really something.
    I don't use it all the time.
    But when I do reach for it, its refreshing, fun, even rejuvenating to me.

  11. #211

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Ha ha.... you should not thank me for poisoning you.
    Lol ! ...poison me aredi not enough, now you show those new photos and put Kancheong spiders into my pants !
    Shoot everything ! ...if it moves, shoot it ! if it doesn't moves, shoot it as well !

  12. #212
    Member geengar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, I wonder if it is the same for the Q ? ...I'm worried if Pentax is like Sony, the JDM models only have menu in Japanese.

    Thinking of ordering from here :Amazon.co.jpF PENTAX ƒfƒWƒ^ƒ‹ˆęŠá Q ƒŒƒ“ƒYƒLƒbƒg ƒuƒ‰ƒbƒN PENTAXQLKBK: ‰Ć“dEƒJƒƒ‰

    Anyone here knows how to read Japanese, can confirm if english menu is available on that model ?
    Did you check out Mapcamera? I ordered my custom color from there through shopping japan.
    K-30(Crystal Blue), K-r(Blue/Black), DA 35mm(Blue), DA 18-135mm, DA 18-250mm, Q10(Blue/Black), 02+06

  13. #213
    Member geengar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarelsek View Post
    I am also tempted to buy Pentax Q from Japan but just to ask, the instruction manual will be in Japanese right? So have to get the English PDF version online if need?
    My custom k-r was from jap also. Instruction manual is in jap but you can choose the camera manual language so not a problem.
    K-30(Crystal Blue), K-r(Blue/Black), DA 35mm(Blue), DA 18-135mm, DA 18-250mm, Q10(Blue/Black), 02+06

  14. #214
    Member geengar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Panosphere (online store here on CS) has custom color Q10 order option.
    Take a look too.
    It is supported by local warranty.

    Not sure about pricing though....
    The pricing would be no good if warranty is given by local distributor base on my disappointing experience with them.
    K-30(Crystal Blue), K-r(Blue/Black), DA 35mm(Blue), DA 18-135mm, DA 18-250mm, Q10(Blue/Black), 02+06

  15. #215
    Member joNWKng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Hi everyone. I got my K30, q10 collection, WG3 GPS from Japan. As mentioned previously, English is a language option in-camera (Don't need to learn Japanese. )

    As for the detailed manuals from Pentax that we all love, you can get the PDFs online in English. Link below :-
    Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING
    Jonathan

  16. #216
    Member PhilipKr35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joNWKng View Post
    Hi everyone. I got my K30, q10 collection, WG3 GPS from Japan. As mentioned previously, English is a language option in-camera (Don't need to learn Japanese. )

    As for the detailed manuals from Pentax that we all love, you can get the PDFs online in English. Link below :-
    Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING
    How is the WG-3 performing? No one made any review so far , any comments?
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

  17. #217

  18. #218
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?


  19. #219

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Yup I also saw it by on APDS facebook.. Power!!!!

  20. #220

    Default Re: To Q or to Q10?

    Really impressive shots!
    IMO, we really need more ppl locally who can shoot these sort of model shots as a showcase Pentax.
    (other genres pretty well covered, but we've really lacking on the model/portraits genre... no offence to Pentaxians who shoot this genre, but I don't know of)
    And he's done it with a Q!
    Incredible!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •