Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMIGOSH. Singapore is the reason for the deadly skirmishes in the Middle East!

Default OMIGOSH. Singapore is the reason for the deadly skirmishes in the Middle East!

Default Re: OMIGOSH. Singapore is the reason for the deadly skirmishes in the Middle East!

Read that yesterday.
    A bit far fetched to make the connection.

Sometimes US politicians (Carter? John Kerry?) will ask Israel to do this and do that and act like big brother deal maker. There may be serious strategic errors and Israel ends up with the big problem.

Israel should not have withdrawn from Gaza in 2005. Having decided to do so in 2005, Israel continued to blockade Gaza; and Gazans turn to Hamas because life is miserable.

Israel must NOT give up Golan Heights.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 20th November 2012 at 12:07 AM.

Default Re: OMIGOSH. Singapore is the reason for the deadly skirmishes in the Middle East!

The title has absolutely no connection whatsoever to the article so one shouldn't really take it literally at face value.

For all intents and purposes, it seems Dr. Jim Sleeper's controversial accusation was actually meant for his circle of esoterics to demonstrate and prove his objective(s) as evident in his comments and along with his history of numerous articles pertaining to his rather vocal criticism of the Yale-NUS College.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 20th November 2012 at 12:12 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

This was his article written earlier this year, it seems he just took a small exact segment and repackaged it for whatever ulterior motive just so as to champion his cause of liberal democracy against authoritarianism.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 20th November 2012 at 01:58 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Blog Entries

the poor slob's a misguided racist shlt stirring bigot

he conveniently forgets to mention that Muslim countries in the Middle East like Dubai , Qatar and Bahrain are modelled after Singapore as almost spitting copies

and that we live shoulder to shoulder with our Muslim brothers and sisters
    Last edited by ed9119; 20th November 2012 at 10:46 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    This was his article written earlier this year, it seems he just took a small exact segment and repackaged it for whatever ulterior motive just so as to champion his cause of liberal democracy against authoritarianism.
    seems to me like a white supremacist's thoughts and ideals.

TBH I still don't get the need for a liberal arts college in Singapore. I'm not sure if the local setting has a need for lib-arts grads - at least I certainly don't.
    And NUS (and by extent MOE) has really bent over backwards to accommodate Yale yet it seems the dissenters at Yale still can't get it into their thick heads that the situation in SG is different than in the US.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    the poor slob's a misguided racist shlt stirring bigot
    Ten characteristics of conspiracy theorists - a look into the mind of conspiraloons, nutjobs and tin foil hatters

..... but i like the way you describe them
    Last edited by Zenten; 20th November 2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

forking idiot's article has no link to his headlines. Just pure sensationalism on his part. Forker cant accept that there are countries whose systems can function better than these liberal arseholes's supposedly ideal system...If i wasnt so tulan over his rant (it's a rant to me, no matter how he positioned it), i would think the article is meant to be funny and reflects his Yale sense of humour...

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    TBH I still don't get the need for a liberal arts college in Singapore. I'm not sure if the local setting has a need for lib-arts grads - at least I certainly don't.
    And NUS (and by extent MOE) has really bent over backwards to accommodate Yale yet it seems the dissenters at Yale still can't get it into their thick heads that the situation in SG is different than in the US.
    the only Yale i like comes with a key.

Can't deny though that we have an extremely tight-knit relationship with the Israelis and Taiwanese both economically and militarily, almost seems without a doubt the government may just be pro-zionist and in favour of a independent Taiwan unofficially.

Lieutenant General (Retired) Winston Choo Wee Leong, the first and longest serving Chief of Defence Force of the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) is now the current ambassador to the State of Israel. Rumours from my enciks who had served under the "Camels" have it that some of our decommissioned and scrapped AMX-13s and other classified platforms actually tasted blood during the 1956 Suez Crisis and the 1967 Six Day War.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    and he continues. no one posts a single line, because almost everything in his article insinuates exactly his point.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    and he continues. no one posts a single line, because almost everything in his article insinuates exactly his point.
    I thought his article had nothing to do with the title.

I wonder what his response would be if:

A) Someone writes an article titled "Jim Sleeper... Caused the Holocaust/WW2/Alien Invasion That Destroyed the Earth/Zombified Earth?"
    B) The article's text is all about how Jim Sleeper watched a Holocaust movie/WW2 movie/Independence Day/The Living Dead last year.
    C) The author ends off by saying that Jim will never have a right to be unhappy about the title because the text has nothing to do with the title.

Last edited by edutilos-; 20th November 2012 at 03:38 PM.

I have a dire warning for all:

Dismiss conspiracy theory at your own risk.

Learn from The Three kingdoms which eventually the world will end up: USA, China and Singapore.

Blog Entries

The only Isreali products I've every bought in my life in Singapore were dried dates, figs and olive oil for my salad and whenever Cold Storage has a sale on perssimons or pormeganates
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I have a dire warning for all:

Dismiss conspiracy theory at your own risk.

Learn from The Three kingdoms which eventually the world will end up: USA, China and Singapore.
    And we are led by Lee Bei?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    And we are led by Lee Bei?
    3rd generation dynastic transfer of power.

It's all chronicled in here:

I just hope for peace in the Holy Lands

Don't want to see so many Palestinians dying or Israelis kena rocketed.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Can't deny though that we have an extremely tight-knit relationship with the Israelis and Taiwanese both economically and militarily, almost seems without a doubt the government may just be pro-zionist and in favour of a independent Taiwan unofficially.

Lieutenant General (Retired) Winston Choo Wee Leong, the first and longest serving Chief of Defence Force of the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) is now the current ambassador to the State of Israel. Rumours from my enciks who had served under the "Camels" have it that some of our decommissioned and scrapped AMX-13s and other classified platforms actually tasted blood during the 1956 Suez Crisis and the 1967 Six Day War.
    Highly doubt about the support for Taiwan independence, based off comments from both Old Lee and Lee Jr.
    IIRC Lee Jr got slammed for telling Taiwan to not provoke Beijing with calls for independence while Ah Bian was still PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast