Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: For goodness sake

  1. #1
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default For goodness sake

    For goodness sake, if $1200 is worth 1+1 year of warranty, do not have to send me a PM criticizing my offer when someone else placed the same model for sale at $2400.



    I've seen old set being priced very near to the price of a new set, much nearer than this. No one forces you to buy or sell, willing buyer willing seller. There are nice folks who upon my reduction in price after bargain, told me it is too high for them and back off, and it is totally fine.

  2. #2
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: For goodness sake



    Lol. Even if I hold my cam till i die, want you to huan lo?

    Want offer $1500, go buy 7D lah. still got 3, 4 hundred bucks change.
    Last edited by nitewalk; 19th November 2012 at 12:10 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    Well I have no comments on the slightly warped second hand camera equipment market here on CS, my views have been expressed in earlier threads.

    I agree with you that there is no need to write to you with those comments above. Well, I guess it's a bargaining technique. Don't get too worked up about it... I've seen worse before. I sold my K20D at a price much lower than what other people were offering and I still had people asking to buy it for $100 or $200, I recall. Just ignore them and take it in stride, no point getting worked up about other people, whose actions you can't control.

  4. #4
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Well I have no comments on the slightly warped second hand camera equipment market here on CS, my views have been expressed in earlier threads.

    I agree with you that there is no need to write to you with those comments above. Well, I guess it's a bargaining technique. Don't get too worked up about it... I've seen worse before. I sold my K20D at a price much lower than what other people were offering and I still had people asking to buy it for $100 or $200, I recall. Just ignore them and take it in stride, no point getting worked up about other people, whose actions you can't control.
    Even from a seller point of view, I also think it is quite jacked up. I see people selling from $1800 to $2400. So I went higher end, so not to compromise the other fellow. On the other hand, in my private negotiations with interested parties, i do drop it quite a fair bit.

    Yeah, reported his post also. If i bargain with such technique in China, I don't know if I can walk out alive.

  5. #5

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    lol he could have just pm'd the other threads selling 5D2 at 1.6 - 1.7.

    must have been a sore eye to him.

  6. #6
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    lol he could have just pm'd the other threads selling 5D2 at 1.6 - 1.7.

    must have been a sore eye to him.
    Lol then I am damn suay kena when there was another guy selling $2.4k on the same day

  7. #7

    Default

    Typical HWZ lowballer tactics
    Alpha

  8. #8

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    Don't take it personally. Or else bad for health. Our esteem of our own goods is always higher (and we feel that this is a more accurate valuation , too) . . .

    it is just business.

    buying and selling, all like that.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  9. #9
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Typical HWZ lowballer tactics
    Lol yea and I thought it would never happen to me, and so it did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Don't take it personally. Or else bad for health. Our esteem of our own goods is always higher (and we feel that this is a more accurate valuation , too) . . .

    it is just business.

    buying and selling, all like that.
    Yea man. Heard of a 5d2 going for 2.3k being lowballed till 1.8k. But this is the best I heard. Set a new record liao

  10. #10

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    i agree with you that it is really low off. . . insincere "buyer" . . . no need to respond la. save everyone effort.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  11. #11

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    only deserves for me to click the del button

    i rather send a email to my prospective client

  12. #12
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    Wow....
    I've seen lots of deals I wouldn't want to take. If I were to sms all sellers whose deals I don't like, can't imagine how busy I'm gonna be.

    Don't like the deal, just move on. Geez...
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  13. #13
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk

    Lol then I am damn suay kena when there was another guy selling $2.4k on the same day
    How you know that moron didn't also PM the other seller.

    These people, just ignore them. Their tactics are disgraceful to humanity.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    u can see who is sincere , who is not.. usually for such ppl, i will just reply "thanks & noted on ur bid" . if they sms again.. i'll say the same thing...really no point waste time on them.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz
    u can see who is sincere , who is not.. usually for such ppl, i will just reply "thanks & noted on ur bid" . if they sms again.. i'll say the same thing...really no point waste time on them.
    just dont reply can liao. lol

  16. #16

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    Just ignore these kinds of people. There are many around.

    And it's lucky you're dealing via SMS. Can you imagine if the fella were to call you on the phone and try to hard-bargain with you?

  17. #17
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Lol lucky is PM. Not sms. No need waste my sms hahah

  18. #18

    Default Re: For goodness sake

    just ignore and move on...
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  19. #19
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    just ignore and move on...
    Yupyup!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •