Thread: help in locating chinese legend

Deregistered

Default help in locating chinese legend

hi guys, i tried unsuccessfully to hunt for this chinese legend, about some soldier (?) who was supposed to be sent out to kill a familiy for something (isit?) but in the end, spares one of the girls of the family, who eventually becomes his wife. this story has something to do with tying of red strings on the toes, if memory serves me right. hope someone can find the story!

thanks!

is a MediaCorp program or a story from old China?
    Any more information like est when the story happen. Ming, Qing, Song, 五代十国, Tang, 东周,隋 ,南北朝,etc..

Deregistered

it was from some story book that i read as a child. can't remember if it's this locally published book, with chinese text on one side, and english words on the other - a bilingual book. no mention of which dynasty, just that it's a legend that ends when the soldier (?) finally finds out his wife was some girl he took pity on, something like that. i think the girl was pockmarked when young, but became a beauty later on, something along those lines.

any help will be deeply appreciated!

thanks for responding!

would it help by going to some chinese book store?

eg. commercial press, union bk store as well as some other book stores in bras brasah?

dat's all i can think of.. cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    it was from some story book that i read as a child. can't remember if it's this locally published book, with chinese text on one side, and english words on the other - a bilingual book. no mention of which dynasty, just that it's a legend that ends when the soldier (?) finally finds out his wife was some girl he took pity on, something like that. i think the girl was pockmarked when young, but became a beauty later on, something along those lines.

any help will be deeply appreciated!

thanks for responding!
    wow! Like that arrr... 'hard life' already...
    Normally this type of story book, is just a make-up story...
    Unless know the book name, or else. Not easy to find.