Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dye Sublimation Printers

Originally posted by Zerstorer
    [B]

You're referring to the Epson 2200? So Ruby Photo's the place to go for this? Thanks I'll check it out.
    yep 7 colour printer is the 2200 series. Not seen it ard yet but you can go the the epson printing shop at funan to see some wonderful showcase prints for yourself. (Same building as ruby anyway).. Ruby are selling those illford papers I'm talking about. Yep, head down there to know more.

Originally posted by excentrique

yep 7 colour printer is the 2200 series. Not seen it ard yet but you can go the the epson printing shop at funan to see some wonderful showcase prints for yourself. (Same building as ruby anyway).. Ruby are selling those illford papers I'm talking about. Yep, head down there to know more.
    Checked out Ruby Photo today. The Illford Pearl printouts from an Epson2100 were indeed wonderful. I was surprised to find that Illford Pearl is significantly cheaper than the Epson photo paper I was formerly using. Unfortunately they are totally out of stock of Illford at the moment, new stocks are arriving end of the month supposedly.

The epson showroom didn't have any printouts or info on the 2200. The rep I spoke to didn't seem sure of anything.

Also took a look at the Olympus 400($1400) Dye sub printer at CP. Looked good as well, but the quoted price per A4 print was ~$5. I wonder if it was just their price or does it apply everywhere else....

Guess I'll wait and see for the moment. Thanks for all who have broadened my view of photo printing.

Duh. Some confusion here! Found this out online.

The Epson 2100is the european designation whereas the 2200 is the US model. Both are supposed to be identical.

The 2100 is already available for $1600(as quoted by Epson showroom).

Remember
    Guests

Went COMEX today and saw the Hi-Ti dye printers.
    http://www.hi-ti.com/consumer.asp
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...iti_630ps.html

630PL cost S$349 and the 630PS cost S$499.
    (With FREE HiTi 50 Images Photo Kit worth S$40)

I must say that it's real easy to use and the print out are above average and best of all, it's cheap to do 4x6 printouts.
    Print 4x6 within 1.5 minutes flat.
    A box of photo paper and Ribbon Cartridge(50x) cost only S$40, works out to be S$0.80 a copy.
    No more worries about runnning out of printer inks anymore...

Ordered the 630PL cause stock will only arrive the next day.
    Can't wait to fire up the printer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12