Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: distort

If the photo is meant for abstract, then it should be a good shot. But if it is still-life shot. then maybe i dun get it. If u didnt stated that crystal ball is water. I dun even know.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryless
    Hi eiken,

Thanks for sharing the smoke series
    I'm amazed by the colours from the smoke. How did you paint them in ps?

Care to share?
    hi ordinaryless, glad you like the pictures, initially i adjusted just the colour balance till i find a colour i like for the form, but i'm testing out other methods like screening layers etc. (thanks to HotSpots for the reminder!)

Quote Originally Posted by sunkist

If the photo is meant for abstract, then it should be a good shot. But if it is still-life shot. then maybe i dun get it. If u didnt stated that crystal ball is water. I dun even know.
    hi sunkist, it was shot as an abstract composition right from the start, i was composing with the reflections, rather than the objects in the sink

thanks for sharing ya workflow eikin..

keep up the good work! =)

thanks for sharing ya workflow eikin..

keep up the good work! =)
    no problem and thanks! btw forgot to add that the images are first inverted before changing the colour, so it's best to shoot with a black light-absorbing background (so that when you invert you get a clean white background) requires lots of testing, trials and errors, probably only 1 to 2 shots work out well out of 60 to 100 shots ... depending on luck

yoz eikin... i seldom watch this space... hey but, first name i see is eikin, so must see already. haha... Nice image there. so u still doing film? I think the colours and composition are both interesting and refreshing. Nice work!

Sorry for asking but the smoke is wat colour one ar before inverting? u use wat for the smoke huh? I tink it is pretty nice but abit grainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber
    yoz eikin... i seldom watch this space... hey but, first name i see is eikin, so must see already. haha... Nice image there. so u still doing film? I think the colours and composition are both interesting and refreshing. Nice work!

Sorry for asking but the smoke is wat colour one ar before inverting? u use wat for the smoke huh? I tink it is pretty nice but abit grainy.
    hey, thanks for coming in, smoke is white originally (mosquito coil), and bg was dark blue, when inverted i get very dark brown to black smoke (brown from the bg as smoke is translucent at some point, bg is slightly yellowish when inverted) with the dark colour you can play around with colours ... the grains surface when i blow up the slightly yellowish inverted background into white, this would not happen if the background is totally black

Very nice eikin, I like all your pics in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    Very nice eikin, I like all your pics in this thread!
    thanks! nice meeting both of you last saturday, enjoyed the pics in your gallery btw, nice coverage from you on saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    no problem and thanks! btw forgot to add that the images are first inverted before changing the colour, so it's best to shoot with a black light-absorbing background (so that when you invert you get a clean white background) requires lots of testing, trials and errors, probably only 1 to 2 shots work out well out of 60 to 100 shots ... depending on luck
    Thanks for telling me about the inversion.. didnt even know such function exist. Haha..

Thanks for telling me about the inversion.. didnt even know such function exist. Haha..
    no problem! have fun trying out the functions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12