Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: distort

Default distort

inside a metallic sink in a factory in Shanghai, took this last year while on a workshop, PSed for higher contrast to bring out the distorted reflection

nice... wat are those little crystal bits at the lower right?

superb shot....
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    Should be water drops.

Great shot. Love the metallic feel.

this is a sink, so that one is water droplets loh.

Hi eikin,
    This shot nice,

Btw, your test04 and test09 very nice, you have got it right liao, now I must come and learn from you.

yup, those are water droplets

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    Should be water drops.

Great shot. Love the metallic feel.
    thanks, the metal sink was slightly dusty also, which i thought brought out the industrial feel, if too clean it'll make the picture feel sanitized

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    superb shot....
    thanks zaren! always enjoyed your streetshots, i have less luck trying to shoot like you for streetshots, must learn from you someday.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    this is a sink, so that one is water droplets loh.

Hi eikin,
    This shot nice,

Btw, your test04 and test09 very nice, you have got it right liao, now I must come and learn from you.
    thanks man! especially when this comes from you, hehe, boost my confidence ... you are so much more experienced, more like i learn from you lor!

btw since you mentioned ... hehe, here are the 'test04' and 'test09' catchlights was talking about, 2 smoke shots inspired by vonvonz, but nothing near her standard (that's why don't dare to post new thread) ... but just to share, and hopefully i get more pointers to perfect the shots ...

test04 - Running Maiden

test09 - untitled

these are shot at home with my CP4500 and many thanks to catchlights for the blue velvet ... the only light source came from the built in flash (apparently not that good to use for smoke) focusing done at manual macro mode to reduce the background colour as much as possible since no black background (now this is abit tricky, i think this works for CP4500 only) both shot at speed 1/2000 and f8 and above ... still trying different PS methods to get cleaner images as well and filling in the colours

ADD: hey, catchlights, thanks for letting me tag along for the wedding shoot also, learned alot from observing how you conduct the shooting, great experience
    Last edited by eikin; 27th February 2005 at 07:26 PM.

My visions are rusty liao, always amaze by the way you see things.

My visions are rusty liao, always amaze by the way you see things.
    hehe, lubricate abit (come out to lim kopi with the few of us in punggol) and they'll be good as new we're coming from different positions, you are in the line while i am just an outsider, i know how the job can get really banal after a while since i am in the 'creative industry' as well ... in fact looking at your recent bushfire coverage you aren't rusty what! and of course i am looking forward to your IR shots ooops, did i leak some secrets?

OT err... forgot to return you the flash after the wedding shot, when you free? can PM/SMS me, maybe can meet up for kopi with the rest also one of the nights (kopi sessions seem to get more and more frequent ... something is brewing ... )

I like it a lot .

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    I like it a lot .
    thanks!

lim kopi? Sound great to me, but sometime very hard to sneak out the house leh.

My IR shots? Still have not post processing it leh. Wait while can? Hehe.

BTW, if you don’t tell us it is a sink, I also won’t know what’ it is. Hey people, next time you’ll see many people taking pictures in a public toilet liao, we already have a Sunrise Long Kang Shoot, so what’s next? How 'bout a close up shoot of Blk 198 coffeeshop toilet?

lim kopi? Sound great to me, but sometime very hard to sneak out the house leh.

My IR shots? Still have not post processing it leh. Wait while can? Hehe.

BTW, if you don’t tell us it is a sink, I also won’t know what’ it is. Hey people, next time you’ll see many people taking pictures in a public toilet liao, we already have a Sunrise Long Kang Shoot, so what’s next? How 'bout a close up shoot of Blk 198 coffeeshop toilet?
    errr ... haven't noticed nice sink with nice reflection in public toilets in Singapore to take a picture of yet ... blk 198 coffeeshop toilet? can, do a super high contrast one so that no one knows what are the brownish stuff in the photo ... btw i am still thinking about large scale light painting, one of the days must sit down with you all, the experts and masters, to discuss

Blog Entries

Nice shot eikin, I like it!
    I also like the runing maiden, but next time try more DOF to keep it sharp.
    BTW your area must have no more insects left.

Nice shot! Your always finding unique angles
    Somehow I find the shot very alieny and sci-fi

yeah...must learn how to shoot abstracts from u eikin....
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Personally, I'm not sure what the subject with so many components in the image, and I find my eye wandering around and parking at the reflective stopper. Is that the intention?

But I really like the running maiden...wah

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    Nice shot eikin, I like it!
    I also like the runing maiden, but next time try more DOF to keep it sharp.
    BTW your area must have no more insects left.
    hey, thanks! yah lor, i also think not enough DOF, i think it'll be impossible to get this form anymore, there goes my 'maiden' looking forward to seeing you shoot in studio this sunday, want to try smoke as well? maybe can use to add atmosphere also, hahaha ... keep the studio pest free also!

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    Nice shot! Your always finding unique angles
    Somehow I find the shot very alieny and sci-fi
    thanks! hmmm ... recently places around my area got very surreal subjects to shoot ... nice idea, i see what i can get

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    yeah...must learn how to shoot abstracts from u eikin....
    haha, abstract? simple, you first need a complex personality that likes to take shots inside toilet ... just joking lah, i always go for reflections and curves, Splutter can testify this, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks
    Personally, I'm not sure what the subject with so many components in the image, and I find my eye wandering around and parking at the reflective stopper. Is that the intention?

But I really like the running maiden...wah
    thanks! yah, i was focussing on the metallic stopper, decided to include the curved reflection above it to avoid the stopper from becoming the sole overpowering object in the composition, and include more secondary elements to keep the viewer's eye within the frame

glad you like my maiden, hehe, but she ran away liao

eikin, wah lau, lucky you're not studying photography, if not I "tun bo ciat", I'll pray you find a job outside of photography OK? BTW love your running madien shots. I wanted to do some shots on smokes also but now I think I'll try something else

catchlights, you ask eikin go wedding shoot with you but never ask me to carry your bag , never mind, next time I'll carry eikin's bag

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    eikin, wah lau, lucky you're not studying photography, if not I "tun bo ciat", I'll pray you find a job outside of photography OK? BTW love your running madien shots. I wanted to do some shots on smokes also but now I think I'll try something else
    haha, thanks! no lah, where got tun bo ciat? your studio so big and you so much experience, customers will come to you automatically one lah

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    catchlights, you ask eikin go wedding shoot with you but never ask me to carry your bag , never mind, next time I'll carry eikin's bag
    errr ... no need to help me carry bag, lend me your toys can liao aiyah, please lah, saturday's shoot first time do wedding, and first time shoot so intensively on film and flash, confirm alot of crap shots one

Hi eiken,

Thanks for sharing the smoke series
    I'm amazed by the colours from the smoke. How did you paint them in ps?

Care to share?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast