Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Ebay security

  1. #1
    Member betta01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Borneo rainforest
    Posts
    593

    Default Ebay security

    Recently I have in 5 unauthorized purchases appearing in mine Ebay account.

    I did not personally buy any of those items and totally unaware of the transaction.
    All items are have an delivery address in India and the transaction is done through 'Paisapay'

    How can unauthorized purchases appearing in mine real Ebay account. This is what puzzle me?

    I have not lost any money but it seems that someone is using mine account to make purchases

    Anyone with similar experience to share?
    Last edited by betta01; 16th November 2012 at 02:55 AM.
    Mine full name-Betta Macrostoma
    Can call me Betta.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Ebay security

    Quote Originally Posted by betta01 View Post
    Recently I have in 5 unauthorized purchases appearing in mine Ebay account.

    I did not personally buy any of those items and totally unaware of the transaction.
    All items are have an delivery address in India and the transaction is done through 'Paisapay'

    How can unauthorized purchases appearing in mine real Ebay account. This is what puzzle me?

    I have not lost any money but it seems that someone is using mine account to make purchases

    Anyone with similar experience to share?

    nope. years of using ebay never encountered. Email ebay sg and inform them and also change your passwords of whatever is linked to your account like paypal etc.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Ebay security

    Recently I had received notification from Paypal.

    Do Paypal send mail to you even if there is no transaction?

    ??????????????

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default Re: Ebay security

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Recently I had received notification from Paypal.

    Do Paypal send mail to you even if there is no transaction?

    ??????????????
    those are likely phishing e-mail

  5. #5

    Default Re: Ebay security

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post
    those are likely phishing e-mail
    yea phishing probably. They don't send any emails. Never gotten any.

  6. #6
    Senior Member albertri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,304

    Default Re: Ebay security

    ebay accounts could be hack like normal online account what you need to watch out is your paypal account password.
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

  7. #7
    Senior Member albertri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,304

    Default Re: Ebay security

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Recently I had received notification from Paypal.

    Do Paypal send mail to you even if there is no transaction?

    ??????????????
    From time to time paypal do send some emails for some updates or notice specially if you sign up with thier notification features or spam list :-) just dont click any hypher links to be safe
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

  8. #8
    Member betta01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Borneo rainforest
    Posts
    593

    Default Re: Ebay security

    What puzzles me is that how can unauthorised purchase paid through something call 'Paisapay' appear in mine real Ebay account in the 1st place.
    Why not Ebay detect it?
    Contacting and getting a investigation report from Ebay is another frustration.

    Today another email come into mine real ebay account saying that I have purchased a jacket and to be delivered to an address in India and again paid through 'Paisapay'.
    This happen after I did a 'live chat' with Ebay and telling them mine problem!!!
    Mine full name-Betta Macrostoma
    Can call me Betta.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ebay security

    Quote Originally Posted by betta01 View Post
    What puzzles me is that how can unauthorised purchase paid through something call 'Paisapay' appear in mine real Ebay account in the 1st place.
    Why not Ebay detect it?
    Contacting and getting a investigation report from Ebay is another frustration.

    Today another email come into mine real ebay account saying that I have purchased a jacket and to be delivered to an address in India and again paid through 'Paisapay'.
    This happen after I did a 'live chat' with Ebay and telling them mine problem!!!
    So someone is using your ebay account to buy things. Paisapay is not associated with u right?

    or u might be getting phishing mails. have u changed your password?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Ebay security

    check your paypal account as well if you are using it, best is just cancel everything. I tio one time some random china person charge me 200USD for nothing. Immediately call bank cancel debit card at 1am in the morning singapore time, immediately file unauthorised transaction on paypal, i even wrote on the unauthorised transaction claim i changing all my ebay and paypal password now. 2 weeks later, paypal view in favour of my case and full refund....luckyyyy know how to use powderful england

    I didnt even buy anything lah, some random paypal transaction....somemore my account dont have proper transaction for dun knw how many donkey years already....

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ebay security

    Been using eBay and Paypal for about 10 years. So far never faced such problems.

  12. #12
    Member betta01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Borneo rainforest
    Posts
    593

    Default Re: Ebay security

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    So someone is using your ebay account to buy things. Paisapay is not associated with u right?

    or u might be getting phishing mails. have u changed your password?
    I have no association with 'Paisapay', dun even know about before this Ebay security breach.
    Super frustrated cause Ebay seems not to take it seriously and act fast enough.

    A return email from Ebay even suggest that I iron out the difference with the seller!!! They really dun know what they are talking about.
    Anyway I have changed mine Paypal pass word too.
    Mine full name-Betta Macrostoma
    Can call me Betta.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Ebay security

    Quote Originally Posted by betta01 View Post
    I have no association with 'Paisapay', dun even know about before this Ebay security breach.
    Super frustrated cause Ebay seems not to take it seriously and act fast enough.

    A return email from Ebay even suggest that I iron out the difference with the seller!!! They really dun know what they are talking about.
    Anyway I have changed mine Paypal pass word too.

    sad. I've heard ebay customer services are quite unhelpful. lol guess it's true eh.

  14. #14
    Member betta01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Borneo rainforest
    Posts
    593

    Default Re: Ebay security

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    sad. I've heard ebay customer services are quite unhelpful. lol guess it's true eh.
    Sad but true after mine own disappointing encounter.
    Mine full name-Betta Macrostoma
    Can call me Betta.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •