Thread: First trip to Manila(26-29 nov)

Default First trip to Manila(26-29 nov)

Greetings!

I'll be visiting Manila in a few weeks! Will be staying in the Alabang area. Need advice on places to visit (architechtures,island landscapes, cultures etc.) some tips,do's and dont's of street photography, and of course, must try foods!(u may skip balut,thats probably on my top must try list!)

Cheers

Default Re: First trip to Manila(26-29 nov)

Alabang is a nice and posh area but not many old buildings to photograph. If you have only one place to visit, make it Manila's old Chinatown (Binondo). It is a world away in more sense than one.
    Last edited by Daoyin; 16th November 2012 at 06:55 PM.

Intramuros for some Spanish architecture and old Manila. Quiapo for street photography (careful of pickpockets) Roxas Boulevard for some landscapes or sunset.

Thanks for the inputs. Did a google search.those places are indeed of a kind.

No problem, it's the best way I can promote my country Since you are in Alabang, might as well head down to Tagaytay to see Taal Volcano. Its a 1 hr drive only. Scenic view for sure enjoy!

Default Re: First trip to Manila(26-29 nov)

And, for the love of all that's good and holy, don't casually flash your gear around. You'll be a prime target for the snatch-thieves on their motorcycles.
    Alpha