Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compact recommendation.

Default Re: Compact recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
    sony RX100..once u go black, u will never go back.
    TS, since you have mention that the cost is less than 500, please claim the excess from manalishi if she really bought the RX100.
    GM1,GX7,EPL5,GH2,GX1,EPM1 | 7.5FE | 7-14 | 12-35 | 35-100 | 20 | 14-42(x3)| 45 f2.8 | 45-200

Quote Originally Posted by thedaniel View Post
    TS, since you have mention that the cost is less than 500, please claim the excess from manalishi if she really bought the RX100.
    He mentioned PREFERABLY mah... not die die must be below 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

nikons compacts aren't that good.
    I think it would be fair to compare compact models than brands. A higher end nikon model will still be better than a much lower end canon, vice versa. Preference for brands is more personal that I hope TS realizes. No point blindly buy any model from say Leica if everyone says Leica is good.

Look around and compare models. RX100 is being heard now and then, find out why so... Anyway, the latest compact I happened to try out recently is my friend's Canon SX50. Image quality is surprisingly good even at high iso for a compact. 24mm-1200mm means you can shoot anything from landscape to birding. Macro seems promising as well..
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Also have an rx100. Very nice pics. :-)
    This is probably the best recommendation. Otherwise an iphone will do. With a lower budget can consider Fujifilm XF-1.

Quote Originally Posted by An drew

This is probably the best recommendation. Otherwise an iphone will do. With a lower budget can consider Fujifilm XF-1.
    XF1 does fit most of d criteria especially d budget.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

Hi. Thanks for all the recommendation. My colleague decided to get a Olympus xz1 in the end. Think she got it in one of the friendly shop in funan over the weekend. Think she love the super macro function and the filters of the xz1.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonkbk View Post
    Hi. Thanks for all the recommendation. My colleague decided to get a Olympus xz1 in the end. Think she got it in one of the friendly shop in funan over the weekend. Think she love the super macro function and the filters of the xz1.
    Must have special discount because XZ2 with better sensor has been released.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12