Thread: xray machine at custom will damage negative ???

Default xray machine at custom will damage negative ???

going on a trip soon , just like to ask does the xray machine damage the flim ??? think heard abt this from somewhere before

Quote Originally Posted by S11loop
    going on a trip soon , just like to ask does the xray machine damage the flim ??? think heard abt this from somewhere before
    No it would'nt damage

Unfortunately, it will... irregardless of whether the machine's claimed to be "film-safe":

http://www.kodak.com/cluster/global/.../tib5201.shtml

Always insist on getting them hand-checked, or get a lead bag.

Depends on the ISO of your film, the type of machine used and your luck. I think basic guideline is never check in your film and always hand carry them (the machine used for check in luggage is much stronger). Heard that its not safe to put film faster than ISO 800 through the X-ray, though I have went pass 4 X-rays before with a ISO 800 film and the results were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by S11loop
    get a roll of ISO 1600 film
    then can ask them to hand check ...
    some custom very lazy but when you have a ISO 1600 film they must do it for you

1 ASA 400 and below are absolutely safe.

2 Never check in films.

3 Films 800 and above ask for hand check My 1600 films went through the scans without any trouble.

4 ASA 3200 insist on handcheck

5 Getting a lead bag will not help. If they cannot see, they will crank up the power and/or remove the films and then pass them through again!

6 Don't be paranoid. For average photogs, your films are fine. My passed through 8 times without any trouble.