Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chinese fonts in PS CS

OK finally something that works for font names in chinese:
    1. use Word to type the text
    2. cut and paste into MS Image Composer and output as GIF
    3. import GIF into PSCS and use magic wand to select text as path
    4. copy path into a new layer, violá!

just wanted to mention that I switched on Chinese input in Windows, and it does work with PSCS.

一二三四五六七八九十

that's all the chinese I know..

printscreen, crop in photoshop and paste also can..

in order to use the effects such as shadow, stroke, glow, bevel, etc you must trace the path. need to generate in b&w gif to get a clean path.

ps: like that you cannot read Fauna Sinica liaoz haha.

Default Re: chinese fonts in PS CS

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    OK finally something that works for font names in chinese:
    1. use Word to type the text
    hi all, i've been going through most of the past thread on how to create chinese fonts in ps and downloaded (and installed) the fonts on to my laptop. however, i still can't create chinese fonts using MS Word eventhough i can see the chinese fonts option on the dropdown bar. can someone help me with this?

thks

Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    Sorry, overlook, I use ChineseStar to work with both FreeHand and Illustrator.

Hi HWCHOY if it is not a secret message can you post your text in han yu pin yin here I will get it done for you.
    What version of Chinese Star you using? Mine doesn't work with either. Using FH10 and Illustrator CS... FH10 completely can't input chinese text let alone choose type of font Illustrator ok but some fonts are rubbish. I think it only works for Mac.. doesn't support PC

i have the same problem with chinese star. so i typically use notepad, type the chinese words, then copy/paste them into PS CS with the appropriate chinese font selected.

I've been using Creative's HansVision (汉神) to write Chinese characters in PS without any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lui002
    I've been using Creative's HansVision (汉神) to write Chinese characters in PS without any problem.
    Where to get that? Thanks
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Where to get that? Thanks
    You can buy it at Popular Bookshop.
    Get a student version ($78) is good enough.
    I think you pay less ($52 if I am not wrong) if you use a student card to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by coke x
    hi all, i've been going through most of the past thread on how to create chinese fonts in ps and downloaded (and installed) the fonts on to my laptop. however, i still can't create chinese fonts using MS Word eventhough i can see the chinese fonts option on the dropdown bar. can someone help me with this?

thks
    if u dun want to use Njstar/chinese star and other stars, you can try using WinXP's software to key in the chinese words. To install the language pack, to go Control Panel --> Regional and language otions --> text services and input languages Click lon details --> Add language. I chose Chinese (simplified), one might need the CD again to install.

My own problem is some fonts i d/l i can see in word, but i can't see in CS2. I do not have Image composer and don't think I want to spend $ just to type a few fonts, wonder if there's anyway to input the correct font into CS2

Frusty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12