Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: chinese fonts in PS CS

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default chinese fonts in PS CS

    I have a set of TrueType chinese fonts which works in MS Office (e.g. in Word I can see the fonts in the drop list) but it does not appear in PS CS font list. Other TrueType fonts does appear and work in PS CS.

    Any ideas? I can mail you a font to try.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    I have a set of TrueType chinese fonts which works in MS Office (e.g. in Word I can see the fonts in the drop list) but it does not appear in PS CS font list. Other TrueType fonts does appear and work in PS CS.

    Any ideas? I can mail you a font to try.
    Try ChineseStar XP it works with PSCS.

    or try copy it from Word and paste it into PS.

    I use Illustrator or freehand for chinese font then convert to path and import into PS.
    Last edited by jopel; 26th February 2005 at 09:22 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Mail me i can help u convert if is not alot if is a poem then i will got to charge u liao :P
    PM me for my email.
    Favouritism | Design + Lifestyle + Art

  4. #4
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    Try ChineseStar XP it works with PSCS.

    or try copy it from Word and paste it into PS.

    I use Illustrator or freehand for chinese font then convert to path and import into PS.
    yeah cut and paste is wat i do if i need chinese in PS.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zerofour
    Mail me i can help u convert if is not alot if is a poem then i will got to charge u liao :P
    PM me for my email.
    haha thanx but I looking for A WAY to do this, don't have any specific text in mind yet.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    Try ChineseStar XP it works with PSCS.

    or try copy it from Word and paste it into PS.

    I use Illustrator or freehand for chinese font then convert to path and import into PS.

    no CHineseStar. but think I will try the freehand path convert (may need some help here on HOW TO). I already tried word, the characters come out all wrong because the glyph map to something else.

  7. #7
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    no CHineseStar. but think I will try the freehand path convert (may need some help here on HOW TO). I already tried word, the characters come out all wrong because the glyph map to something else.
    oh.. so it works in free hand for u? yeah you could try that..

    if u're using winxp, just install the asian language pack (if you haven't done so already) and u can input straight into word without any extra programs. works well for me, but then again i SELDOM use chinese....

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    havent try free hand yet. try later.

    I seldom use chinese too so now simply use character set picker lo.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    Try ChineseStar XP it works with PSCS.

    or try copy it from Word and paste it into PS.

    I use Illustrator or freehand for chinese font then convert to path and import into PS.
    Freehand? Is yours a chinese copy of freehand? Macromedia's site states that the English version of freehand does not support chinese input at all.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    is that right!? I'll try and see. probably use character picker to cut and paste anyway.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    is that right!? I'll try and see. probably use character picker to cut and paste anyway.
    Yeaps. Chinese just comes out as gibberish (i.e. the actual symbols). What most people do is to do it in Illustrator/PS and then save it as an EPS file.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Freehand? Is yours a chinese copy of freehand? Macromedia's site states that the English version of freehand does not support chinese input at all.
    Sorry, overlook, I use ChineseStar to work with both FreeHand and Illustrator.

    Hi HWCHOY if it is not a secret message can you post your text in han yu pin yin here I will get it done for you.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    oh.. so it works in free hand for u? yeah you could try that..

    if u're using winxp, just install the asian language pack (if you haven't done so already) and u can input straight into word without any extra programs. works well for me, but then again i SELDOM use chinese....
    i use winxp pro and PS7. I have the chinese language pack installed I cannot input chinese directly at you mentioned. It just doesn't come out. But it works fine on msn and ms word. Are you sure it works for you? Care to share your set up? Thanks a million
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    i use winxp pro and PS7. I have the chinese language pack installed I cannot input chinese directly at you mentioned. It just doesn't come out. But it works fine on msn and ms word. Are you sure it works for you? Care to share your set up? Thanks a million
    I guessed he is saying it works with MS Word not PS7.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    oh yah.. now i see what he mean. my bad :P
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    Sorry, overlook, I use ChineseStar to work with both FreeHand and Illustrator.

    Hi HWCHOY if it is not a secret message can you post your text in han yu pin yin here I will get it done for you.
    no no I don't have a message NOW. Just want to find out how to do it rather than wait till I need it. So looks like have to find ChineseStar.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    no no I don't have a message NOW. Just want to find out how to do it rather than wait till I need it. So looks like have to find ChineseStar.
    If you're looking to do word processing really... since I have no idea what you're asking actually... there's the NJStar (http://www.njstar.com) word processor which works. The difference between the paid and unpaid version is that the paid version comes with TrueType fonts.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    ah let me elaborate a little. actually I found that even in PS CS you can call up chinese fonts such as SimHei and SimSun which seem to be included in the Windows language pack.

    The real issue seem to be that the menu drop list cannot display font names in chinese and hence these fonts don't show up. Even in MS Office only Word seem to be able to do that, Powerpoint also cannot see the fonts.

    The fonts in question came from here http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/ed...nese_fonts.htm

    so it appears I just have to be happy with the ugly SimSun fonts.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    ah let me elaborate a little. actually I found that even in PS CS you can call up chinese fonts such as SimHei and SimSun which seem to be included in the Windows language pack.

    The real issue seem to be that the menu drop list cannot display font names in chinese and hence these fonts don't show up. Even in MS Office only Word seem to be able to do that, Powerpoint also cannot see the fonts.

    The fonts in question came from here http://www.sino.uni-heidelberg.de/ed...nese_fonts.htm

    so it appears I just have to be happy with the ugly SimSun fonts.
    Ah. That figures. You're right, I just checked. The fonts don't work... I think you're pretty much screwed... ;P

    An alternative would be to get the chinese fonts from the people who already have chinese programs installed. The package includes different varieties of Chinese fonts... but that would be piracy... :P

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    found some pretty fonts at http://www.sj00.com/ which is named in english so it works in PS CS. only the site is darn slow so be patient

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •