Thread: Using diff type of films

Default Using diff type of films

is there any diff. when u push a film e.g. ISO 400 to ISO 800 compared to juz using ISO 800 film straight away?

i hear the ISO 800 film will have a smaller grain compared to the pushed ISO 800 film... any other difference??

wat is diff when u use color print film and develop into black & white compared to using black & white film straight away?

thankz greatly for your help in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by Echo22
    is there any diff. when u push a film e.g. ISO 400 to ISO 800 compared to juz using ISO 800 film straight away?

i hear the ISO 800 film will have a smaller grain compared to the pushed ISO 800 film... any other difference??

wat is diff when u use color print film and develop into black & white compared to using black & white film straight away?

thankz greatly for your help in advance...
    When you push process your film there is to be expect abit more grain as you mentioned which is true and I find the result tend to be abit more contrasty too. But sometime better that then to shoot at slower speeds. But you also have to take into consideration that difference brand of film and speed can have difference outcome too. Some film has more lattitude and tolerant when you push it and some can get even more grainier, slight colour shift and contrast varied.

I have not done any black and white prints from colour films so someone can offer their views on that. But I do recall reading from some books, you lose contrast and the tone tend to be softer. When I shoot black and white I like contrast and stark tones more but that's just me lah heh.

upz..

anyone knows e different when u use a color print film and develop into black & white instead of using a black & white film??