Thread: YN565EX problem

Default YN565EX problem

Hi guys, I just bought a new YN565EX, everything works great except the one which matters most. I realised that when I use the nikon version of the flash on a D700, it makes my camera "lag". The AF could be on the subject already but the camera would not take the photo until a second has passed. This happens regardless whether I'm on I-TTL mode or Manual flash mode. I thought maybe the camera was having problems with AF, so I change to S mode AF and release priority, still the same. As last resort I even tried changing to full Manual AF mode and the problem is still there

Any similar experience or idea how to solve it guys? It's quite frustrating lol

Poor flash recycling time?

Blog Entries

Default Re: YN565EX problem

tried with manual focus mode how ?

how about doing this without the flash unit attached ? is there still an AF lag ?

and is focus locked or still hunting ?
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

I realised its a damn stupid and obscure mode on the D700 that hindered me. I set it on Redeye Mode by accident.

Now everyone else should know what to do in case of something so silly happening.

btw just to answer the above comments: this crappy mode works regardless what you do.
    AF-S and AF-C set to release priority = same "problem"
    Full Manual focus on lens and body = same "problem"

Another one of the weird quirks of the D700 body I guess... together with the strange placement of the ISO button and the Menu embedded Auto-ISO function...

Thanks guys

oh btw the interesting thing was that there was no such problem on the fully manual YN560 original... but the problem was still there with YN565EX on manual. yups... Cheers!