View Poll Results: Which calibrator would you recommend more, considering the price as well?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Datacolor Spyder4Pro

31 88.57%
  • X-Rite Colormunki Smile

4 11.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monitor Calibration

Default Re: Monitor Calibration

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi View Post
    I am using Spyder4pro, bought from Cathay Photo at $170.

I seem to face the problem of red tinge on all my screens after calibration. Does anybody out there face the same problem??
    im using spyder3elite and also going thru same prob as you.

What is the general workaround? any idea?
    give me a pen, and i'll give you my signature

Quote Originally Posted by incubus View Post
    im using spyder3elite and also going thru same prob as you.

What is the general workaround? any idea?
    Stop using Samsung amoled cellphones.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Stop using Samsung amoled cellphones.
    why would i be using a samsung amoled cellphone?

why would i be using a samsung amoled cellphone?
    In the sense that many who own one of those phones get so used to the cool color tone that a neutral color screen looks excessively warm to them
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    In the sense that many who own one of those phones get so used to the cool color tone that a neutral color screen looks excessively warm to them
    right......
    quite an imagination you got there. Your logic in your assumed scenario seems sound but yet it does not help me nor the other fellow who has the same problem.

right......
    quite an imagination you got there. Your logic in your assumed scenario seems sound but yet it does not help me nor the other fellow who has the same problem.
    Let's put aside the question of hp displays, here a link with a response from Datacolor Service:
    Canon Digital Photography Forums - View Single Post - Datacolor Spyder 4 Pro, giving poor results
    There are many factors that (can) contribute to the described results. Hopefully the list of suggestions helps.
    I had no issues with all my displays, they only looked a slightly bit warmer which I address to the standard cool settings.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi View Post
    I am using Spyder4pro, bought from Cathay Photo at $170.

I seem to face the problem of red tinge on all my screens after calibration. Does anybody out there face the same problem??
    That sometimes happens.

what gfxcard/screen combo you using?
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post

what gfxcard/screen combo you using?
    not sure abt TS but im on a gtx 660 ti, dell u2311h

definitely not a samsung amoled cellphone

Blog Entries

not sure abt TS but im on a gtx 660 ti, dell u2311h

definitely not a samsung amoled cellphone
    When calibrating did you set your screen color temp to 6500k?

I've had the same problem twice. I calibrated my dell u2311h while setting it up for the first time using a spyder4pro. It became a lot warmer, which i thought was normal. Just last week I calibrated the monitor again as I had an important assignment to post process. It became warmer again. Now I'm worried it will print too warm

Magenta cast for mac normalky can be alivated by setting colour space to native instead of a degree kevin. But for some mac it is a inherent cast in the protective screen. Warmer could your monitir is inheirently warm bias no amount of standard calibration will correct this you need adjust the rgb mix to take out the imbalance. My samsung 20 inch is inherientky warm color cailbration does not make this nuetral . An advance option of balancing a target for same percentage of rgb will fail since its natural state is bias the rgb mix adjustment has to imbalanced to counter the natural imbalance of the monitor. Undrrsta.nd what is happening is very important otherwise technology rulrs you.

Sorry if this is of no help but I feel I have to make a report on Dell monitors lately. Just to be clear, I've had 3 Dell monitors so far. All IPS models, touted to be catered for 'graphic-design' and 'professional' use. My final take on Dell monitors is they suck big time when it comes to colour accuracy. Despite the rave reviews and 5 star ratings, I experienced nothing but headaches trying to fix the colour cast on every model. I sorely blame it on their matte coating which introduces strange colour shifting. This is a well documented problem on the internet forums if you bother to search. To make things worse, if you don't have a colour calibration puck that can read a wide gamut monitor which most of the high end series are, you are so out of luck. Calibration can be quite a problem. I don't know the technical reason behind it but again it is also well documented.

So I bought a Apple Cinema Display and an iMac, calibrated them both and then I am done. Both look pretty close despite having different panels. Never had to look back or bother with colour calibration. Yes this might sound like an Apple advert but seriously I've had very little problems sending my artwork or photos to print either in the labs or printing at home. Colours are almost what I see on screen.

The conclusion is, stay away from any Dell 'pro' monitors especially the wide gamut one. If you have to buy them, please acknowledge its issues and if you need a fix, be prepared to make some expensive purchases to make things 'right'.

All right rant over.

What the model nos of ur dell monitors? Thank

Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post
    What the model nos of ur dell monitors? Thank
    Dell 2408WFP, Dell U2411, Dell U2711

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123