Thread: Tenderfoot

Default Tenderfoot

Bought a Canon G3 and found Digi-photo very interesting. Very interested in macro , but don't know how to go about it. Wanted to join some clubs, but feel very inferior with the G3 among those carrying expensive SLRs and huge lenses. Can anyone give me some help on how to do macro with my G3? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy
    Bought a Canon G3 and found Digi-photo very interesting. Very interested in macro , but don't know how to go about it. Wanted to join some clubs, but feel very inferior with the G3 among those carrying expensive SLRs and huge lenses. Can anyone give me some help on how to do macro with my G3? Thanks.
    My friend why should you feel inferior?
    For a start make sure the subject has sufficient light for easy focussing.
    first you must have a tripod, set to macro mode, focus to your liking, use the build-in timer to reduce camera shake, unless your hand is very stable to click the shutter.

y feel inferior?

there is a thread abt how p&s cams can take "better" pics than even slrs
    its really all abt the photographer than the camera. the camera is only a tool that captures the image. its the photographer that MAKES the image. i have a D70, but i think some can even get better pix using a A80!!!

the G3 is pretty gd liao. dun be afraid to join CS's shoots. if u can produce good pix,even better than dSLRs, its them that will feel inferior!

Dun need to feel inferior...

I got a friend who use a Gseries... to earn some extra cash...

It's not abt the camera, it's about the man behind it.

Thanks alot for the encouragement. Will go out and take some pics, that's the only way to learn anyway. Thanks again.

Blog Entries

Don't worry about what you look like, worry about what the picture will look like.