Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony50mm

  1. #1

    Default should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony50mm

    hello people! currently i am using sony nex5n for streets photography .. i have a Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 s.c version.. and a sony e-mount 50mm f1.8.
    should i get the Voigtlander 50mm f1.1? or Voigtlander HELIAR CLASSIC 75mm f1.8? but will 75mm be too tight for streets?
    will the bokeh be nicer?

    thanks in advance

  2. #2

    Default

    Only you can decide if you need it. Seems more like a "want" than a need. It's your money, spend it how you want to.
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    hmm will it be a waste if i buy another 50mm... but the aperture is 1.1 ..

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicroIce
    hmm will it be a waste if i buy another 50mm... but the aperture is 1.1 ..
    And you understand how thin the dof will be, right? How often will you need 1.1?
    Alpha

  5. #5
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,940
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    I think you should be asking

    "Should I REPLACE my current Sony 50mm f1.8 with a Voightlander 60/f1.1 based on the weight, handling, faster lens , finer DoF wide, flare handling, how it resolves and perhaps different bokeh characteristics? .... and without AF"
    Last edited by ed9119; 10th November 2012 at 01:28 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  6. #6

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    don't confuse the passion for art with passion for the tools.

    Michaelangelo never sought out the finest chisel and mallet .
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  7. #7
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,010

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    With the 1.1 there is not much street left...

  8. #8

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    And you understand how thin the dof will be, right? How often will you need 1.1?
    hmm yeah u got a point.

  9. #9

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    I think you should be asking

    "Should I REPLACE my current Sony 50mm f1.8 with a Voightlander 60/f1.1 based on the weight, handling, faster lens , finer DoF wide, flare handling, how it resolves and perhaps different bokeh characteristics? .... and without AF"

    haha thanks. sorry for my bad english xD ya tats wat i wanna ask lols!

  10. #10

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    don't confuse the passion for art with passion for the tools.

    Michaelangelo never sought out the finest chisel and mallet .
    tink i will jus stay with my sony 50mm bah?

  11. #11

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    With the 1.1 there is not much street left...
    hmm true... but sumhw i stil prefer to handle manual lens. much much more faster den auto focus. esp at night.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicroIce

    tink i will jus stay with my sony 50mm bah?
    Unless its something u wanna buy for yrself as a x mas gift, u could either upgrade d 35 or 50. If not, yr present setup is good enuff for general n portraiture shooting. Cheers.

    P.s. u could consider a good ultra wife angle lens or a super telephoto instead.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  13. #13

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Unless its something u wanna buy for yrself as a x mas gift, u could either upgrade d 35 or 50. If not, yr present setup is good enuff for general n portraiture shooting. Cheers.

    P.s. u could consider a good ultra wife angle lens or a super telephoto instead.
    ok thanks alot! thanks for the advice!

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicroIce

    ok thanks alot! thanks for the advice!
    Haha. U r most welcome. Pardon my typo on d ultra wide angle lens part. It's wide not wife. LOL
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  15. #15

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post

    P.s. u could consider a good ultra wife angle lens
    This kind of lens very good at shooting portraits of the Mrs.
    All husbands should buy this.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  16. #16

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Haha. U r most welcome. Pardon my typo on d ultra wide angle lens part. It's wide not wife. LOL
    yeah i saw xD but nvm. but if i get too much manual lens.. is veri hard to ask ppl help me and my frens to take pictures. lol! i tink i will be staying with my sony 16mm 2.8..
    although i am more to streets but sumtimes mus take pic with frens mah xD always group outing with frens, i am always not in the pictures LOLS!

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma

    This kind of lens very good at shooting portraits of the Mrs.
    All husbands should buy this.
    Haha. Yeah. One specially for mine. LOL
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicroIce

    yeah i saw xD but nvm. but if i get too much manual lens.. is veri hard to ask ppl help me and my frens to take pictures. lol! i tink i will be staying with my sony 16mm 2.8..
    although i am more to streets but sumtimes mus take pic with frens mah xD always group outing with frens, i am always not in the pictures LOLS!
    Use d 10 sec timer shutter release function. Just pre focus wif MF lenses n walk over once done wif yr framing. Easy.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  19. #19

    Default Re: should i get another 50mm lens?(Voigtlander 50mm f1.1) i am currently using sony5

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Use d 10 sec timer shutter release function. Just pre focus wif MF lenses n walk over once done wif yr framing. Easy.
    LOL i dun bring my tripod out.. i only bring those super mini de hahah. but u guys got any 50mm manual lens to intro? cheaper.. IQ better den my sony 50mm..
    i got bring my remote out everytime xD after comparing af n mf.. i still love mf alot lol.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicroIce

    LOL i dun bring my tripod out.. i only bring those super mini de hahah. but u guys got any 50mm manual lens to intro? cheaper.. IQ better den my sony 50mm..
    i got bring my remote out everytime xD after comparing af n mf.. i still love mf alot lol.
    Contax Zeiss 50s.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •