Thread: Olympus XZ-1 Bricked

Default Olympus XZ-1 Bricked

Hi all,

I am quite screwed now. Just got a new XZ-1, and decided to itchy backside update firmware.

Accidentally disconnected while updating and now my new camera is bricked cannot turn on/charge or in fact anything.

Are there any ways to resolve it myself? Or die die have to bring to Oly service centre? Will they be able to help me on the spot?

I bought it from Amazon btw.

Thanks for the advices in advance.

Default Re: Olympus XZ-1 Bricked

Best bet is service centre and hope they can do something about it...I mean u can do restore firmware/rom in ios....androids...but this is camera..never heard of being bricked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata76 View Post
    Best bet is service centre and hope they can do something about it...I mean u can do restore firmware/rom in ios....androids...but this is camera..never heard of being bricked.
    i know man, it is really a joke. haiz i hope the service centre could help me out. if not i would have broken a new camera in record time - 2 hrs.

the service centre would definitely help you out but it might be at a fee because it's not local set...

really? i don't mind the fees, better than ending up with a brick afterall. any idea how long they need to reflash with the ROM?

Better try than be bricked.

olympus products come with international warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by knightcover
    Hi all,

I am quite screwed now. Just got a new XZ-1, and decided to itchy backside update firmware.

Accidentally disconnected while updating and now my new camera is bricked cannot turn on/charge or in fact anything.

Are there any ways to resolve it myself? Or die die have to bring to Oly service centre? Will they be able to help me on the spot?

I bought it from Amazon btw.

Thanks for the advices in advance.
    It's only resetting the firmware, the service cantre will do it. Instead of wasting typing in this forum, u should just bring it down to the centre.