Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip to Kyoto, Japan, this weekend

Default Re: Trip to Kyoto, Japan, this weekend

Most temples/shrine don't allow tripod to be brought into the temple/shrine. Weather getting colder, especially at night. Bus system in kyoto is super packed especially for those buses heading to kyoto. Today, I'm leaving for Hiroshima from Kyoto. Do try the ramen street at isetan kyoto, level 10/11. So far, the best ramen we had was at Osaka, Jin long aka golden dragon in the shopping street from namba to dotonbori. The kani aka crab feast is also worth trying.
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by simonsng View Post
    Most temples/shrine don't allow tripod to be brought into the temple/shrine. Weather getting colder, especially at night. Bus system in kyoto is super packed especially for those buses heading to kyoto. Today, I'm leaving for Hiroshima from Kyoto. Do try the ramen street at isetan kyoto, level 10/11. So far, the best ramen we had was at Osaka, Jin long aka golden dragon in the shopping street from namba to dotonbori. The kani aka crab feast is also worth trying.
    Too bad I missed the ramen street at Isetan Kyoto. There are so many restaurants on the 10/11 floors that one is spoilt for choice. Anyway the popular ones always have a long queue during dinner time. The queues start to shorten only after 8pm. Had Tonkatsu dinner which was one of the best I've tasted.

Tried the longest queue, too salty for my taste. The golden dragon shop offer free flow of kimchi, garlic and rice. The garlic really went well with the ramen. I'm gg back on my last day just to have another round b4 leaving kansai
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery

Planing to head to Tokyo kyoto Osaka... Any recommendations for place to eat sea urchin. I saw somewhere in Italy u can catch it from the sea and eat for free

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    do post about your experience and images too.

i'll be heading to Kyoto and Tokyo next year

it'll be a great help!
    i'll be going to kyoto next year too!

If you need information about Kyoto let me know. Personally, the best time to go is Spring or Autumn. If you are trying to catch the cherry blossoms in Spring it's a bit difficult as the predicting the blossoms is dicey and they last for about a week only. Autumn is an easier bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbon View Post
    Planing to head to Tokyo kyoto Osaka... Any recommendations for place to eat sea urchin. I saw somewhere in Italy u can catch it from the sea and eat for free
    You don't need to go there. There are plenty of Sea Urchins in Singapore and Malaysia seas. Beware of their spikes though.

I think Sea Urchin is quite common in Japan restaurant. Dunno why so rare in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    You don't need to go there. There are plenty of Sea Urchins in Singapore and Malaysia seas. Beware of their spikes though.

I think Sea Urchin is quite common in Japan restaurant. Dunno why so rare in Singapore.
    Singapore sell quite expensive..about $70/100grams.. Was at tioman few years back and I saw sea urchin when i went snorkeling..I didn't ask the staff there whether they can catch or not cos at that time I didn't know how good sea urchin tasted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12