Thread: How to Dispose of Sofa Set?

Exclamation How to Dispose of Sofa Set?

Hi. I'm planning to dispose of my old sofa set. Does anyone know how I can do so?

Better yet, if anyone knows of any charity organisations who need one, please let me know. I'd rather donate it to someone who really needs it than have it scrapped.
    Last edited by ady; 24th February 2005 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Edit Title/Subject

Just to share my experience with you...I tried asking some charity organisations if they want my old sofa set (useable, of course) but they told me to hold on to it till they find someone who needs them. The problem they encounter is that they lack storage space and most of those people who are on the charity lists lives in small units...therefore very difficult for them to take in sofa set.

So in the end, I called the town council who sent their contractor to collect the set from me FOC...you may want to call yours...

Cheers!

Yes, you can call up your area town council to make appointment to dispose your old sofa set.

http://app.sgdi.gov.sg/listing.asp?a..._id=0000007289
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

U can also ask if any photo studio owners here if they wan a sofa prop
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    Yes, you can call up your area town council to make appointment to dispose your old sofa set.

http://app.sgdi.gov.sg/listing.asp?a..._id=0000007289
    for a very small fees. or get your town council's cleaners who will move them for a very small fees too.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    for a very small fees. or get your town council's cleaners who will move them for a very small fees too.
    No NO, dont pay those cleaners to move it.

There was once these cleaners approached one of my neighbours to try to extort some $$$ by "reminding" them that the junk they threw downstairs is quite heavy and "troublesome" to remove and that they will need more manpower (hint hint: more $$$) to help them.

In the end, I checked the Aljunied Town Council website and found that they offer BULK REMOVAL FOR FREE (up to 3 items)

I called the hotline up on behalf of my neighbour and they provide a mobile number to call, which I presume is the "contracter" or sorts. I called it and the guy only asked where is the item now and i told him and he promptly replied that they will handle it.
    1 hr later, it was gone.

Simple, and no charge.

I know of some of my relatives who pay up to $10 or more for cleaners to help them move the junk to the nearest Rubbish disposal center.
    But I just dont feel its right doing it, when you can simply dial a number.

Hi. Thanks all for the feedback. I did finally find someone who wanted the sofa set so I didn't have to scrap it in the end.