Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    I don't intend to rent the BBQ pits from Nparks because ours is a very small affair (2 people). We intend to buy the disposable BBQ tray from NTUC and just do it on the sand. Is it allowed?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    why don't you call up NParks to ask them?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    why don't you call up NParks to ask them?
    Because apparently CS is some form of information hotline for people who can't logically think to contact the correct party.
    Alpha

  4. #4

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Because apparently CS is some form of information hotline for people who can't logically think to contact the correct party.
    i know that, but i decided not to insult his intelligence. i'm playing nice


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    I don't intend to rent the BBQ pits from Nparks because ours is a very small affair (2 people). We intend to buy the disposable BBQ tray from NTUC and just do it on the sand. Is it allowed?
    Just do it.
    Go to a secluded spot where there is no one else.
    Most of the time people will leave you alone.

    If there is some NParks officer who threatens you with a fine, just say this is your birthday or wedding anniversary (if you are a couple). The police won't bother you about the barbecue. This is not their area of interest. They are interested to arrest robbers or rapists or drug addicts.

    This is the problem with Singaporeans.
    We almost have to ask permission to breathe.

    Remember to clean up after you have finished the barbecue. If you leave a mess for others to clean up, then you deserve to be fined.
    You should clean up because you want to keep the beach clean for others; and not just because you may be fined if you don't.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 6th November 2012 at 09:30 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Thanks fantastic help!

  7. #7
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    I don't intend to rent the BBQ pits from Nparks because ours is a very small affair (2 people). We intend to buy the disposable BBQ tray from NTUC and just do it on the sand. Is it allowed?
    army 7th core value: do and don't get caught

  8. #8
    Senior Member albertri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,304

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    army 7th core value: do and don't get caught
    yep army motto everything is allowed just dont get caught :-)
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

  9. #9
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    saw at least 5 independent little BBQs last weekend along Changi beach near Changi Village

    like Ricohflex says , just do it

    Make sure to be automatic in putting out the fire , disposing and cleaning up any mess so that NParks gardeners and cleaners dont get into trouble with their supervisors and then forced to start enforcing it

    Everyone responsible and automatic so that the authorities dont have to make new regulations to force gracious behavior at our beaches

    Same thing with camping on the beaches too ..... thats why you still see so many tents being pitched over the weekends and holidays .... almost everyone swee swee when they break camp and pack up
    Last edited by ed9119; 6th November 2012 at 11:14 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  10. #10

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    army 7th core value: do and don't get caught
    WRONG.

    8th core value

  11. #11

    Default

    Black n white is cannot. Do what you want to do and don't complain if you do get caught.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  12. #12

    Default

    Actually core value #6 does apply in this situation in regards to be a good citizen.

    #6 Ethics

    Ethics is about knowing what one ought to do when no one is watching - it concerns the moral will to do what is right despite the threats to values-based actions both in peacetime and in war. It involves choosing or deciding from among competing values and principles, what to act upon. In the context of the military, ethical conduct is displayed through one's exemplary behaviours, respect for others, and sense of loyalty and responsibility. It means being honest and accurate in one's dealings with others and not misusing one's position or power against others for selfish gains or personal grudges.

    Upholding a high standard of personal conduct should become second nature for every soldier in the SAF, as every individual is a direct projection of the organisation.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  13. #13

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Previous thread on this topic: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/kopit...1-bbq-pit.html

    I never knew/noticed this:

    Bring-your-own-pit (BYOP) is also available at specific areas in all the above-mentioned parks except Labrador Nature Reserve (Promenade), West Coast Park and Punggol Park. BYOPs are only available during the eve of public holidays, public holidays and school holidays.

    Activities

  14. #14
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Our friendly concierge services always available 24-7.



    especially when asked nicely.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  15. #15

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Just do it.
    Go to a secluded spot where there is no one else.
    Most of the time people will leave you alone.

    If there is some NParks officer who threatens you with a fine, just say this is your birthday or wedding anniversary (if you are a couple). The police won't bother you about the barbecue. This is not their area of interest. They are interested to arrest robbers or rapists or drug addicts.

    This is the problem with Singaporeans.
    We almost have to ask permission to breathe.

    Remember to clean up after you have finished the barbecue. If you leave a mess for others to clean up, then you deserve to be fined.
    You should clean up because you want to keep the beach clean for others; and not just because you may be fined if you don't.

    okayyyyy... then i read this:

    Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    Previous thread on this topic: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/kopit...1-bbq-pit.html

    I never knew/noticed this:

    Bring-your-own-pit (BYOP) is also available at specific areas in all the above-mentioned parks except Labrador Nature Reserve (Promenade), West Coast Park and Punggol Park. BYOPs are only available during the eve of public holidays, public holidays and school holidays.
    so... NParks has a right to get you to stop your activity.

    it's about the rules and regulations here in singapore. although NONE of us actually JUST FOLLOW LAW to the T, it's a good thing to know so that you can defend yourself if the need arises.

    just telling someone to "go do it and heck care" is irresponsible.

    know the law, and know how you can work around it.


  16. #16
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  17. #17
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Do like what the cave dwellers do:

    Hunt feral chickens.

    Cut down tree branches and use them to roast the chickens.

    No one can blame you for going back to nature.


  18. #18
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    WRONG.

    8th core value
    jialat. type too fast

  19. #19
    Member brkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bukit Gombak, Singapore
    Posts
    96

    Default Re: Anyone knows if we can BBQ at beaches in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Do like what the cave dwellers do:

    Hunt feral chickens.

    Cut down tree branches and use them to roast the chickens.

    No one can blame you for going back to nature.

    I'm pretty sure they'll just blame you for cutting down the tree branches, and probably fine you too, hahaha
    .my flickr :: .my tumblr
    D90 : Nikon 50mm f/1.8 : Nikon 105mm f/4 : Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •