Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photography in bright day light

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk

Yes and people do miss out details
    Yes thats life. But sometimes 2D is better then show secretive and it wont attract so much crowd...cheers and it only attract crowds that wanted to know your pics.

Pasir Ris

Default Re: Photography in bright day light

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I won't lock up this thread, I want to see peace and reconciliation,
    if you can't, please keep cool and take a break from posting.
    Best to clear the thread and edit the useless sarcasm. (Other threads have been cleaned for less.)
    After all it should be educational. Hairsplitting and sidekicks of bad manners only show the lack of it.

In cat's stomach

Quote Originally Posted by vpsthakur View Post

I am learning photography. Studying various stuff and also practising using my D3100.

I need expert advice as to how we should take shots in bright day light. I find quite a lot interesting subjects to capture but when I take a shot they look very harsh with ugly shadows and highlights.

For the same I did some search on web and came to know I should be using poloried filters. I also came cross something called NDG filters. Are these two filters different? If different then which one should I buy? How do I decide ?

It will be also good to see some pics taken by experts here in bright day light.. Landscapes, street., outdoors etc.

Try not to shoot landscape under hot sun.

There is a term called "Golden Hours" where the sunlight is still soft and pleasant. It roughly happens about 0.5 hour before/after sunrise or 0.5 hour before/after sunset.

I remember vaguely some Joe McNally guy or some world class pro complaining that his editor don't even bother to look at the shot if it wasn't shot during those golden hours.

There are some exceptions... but just to start shooting landscapes, try shoot during those times only. Slowly once you master it you can find out about those special cases.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

lil red dot
    Blog Entries

I think you guys all did not hear Catchlights well enough.

Each of you take a step back. And go drink some kopi together and work it out, or just drink some kopi alone and cool down.

Enough is enough. I am closing this thread before infractions start flying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12