Thread: Battery Power...

Default Battery Power...

I need some advice on battery energy.

I have a battery and the rating is 6 volt 4.5ah I think it stands for 6 volt with 4.5 amphere/hour or something like that.

Can I use it as a battery pack for:

1. A digital camera that uses 6 volt
    2. A flash that also uses 6 volt

Will my camera or flash get burnt out?

Thanks for your reply!!!!

Yappy

if u can physically slot and fit inside the cell compartment then yes can use

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    if u can physically slot and fit inside the cell compartment then yes can use
    Thank you.... can i say that if I can find make or find a adaptor I can use it on the camera and/or an external flash. My worry is that the electronics system may not be able to take the power supply by the battery.. or am I too overly worry about the camera and the flash to make use of the battery power... please correct me .. Thank you a thousand times!

Yappy

Actually, I think that you will have to take note of the battery chemistry.

Different type of batteries react differently to the load they are given and they have different internal resistance.

If the component is designed for a Li-ion battery, then try to use another battery of the same chemistry...

Its best if you have an ammeter and a voltmeter to check out the chacteristics both the original and the battery pack before using.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy
    Thank you.... can i say that if I can find make or find a adaptor I can use it on the camera and/or an external flash. My worry is that the electronics system may not be able to take the power supply by the battery.. or am I too overly worry about the camera and the flash to make use of the battery power... please correct me .. Thank you a thousand times!

Yappy
    theoretically, there shouldnt be a problem. Its just a increase in capacity, not power thru put.

But like as Fuzzy mentioned, try to keep to the same battery chemistry.

Thank you .. appreciate your help and advices.

I am trying to built my own external power pack for the flash and my camera.

Thanks again...!

Yappy