Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Good MP3 player with good voice recording...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Good MP3 player with good voice recording...

    Anybody into portable mp3 player?

    just list down my requirement & hope that kind souls can help... its not for me, my parents need them for their language class...

    1) Good voice recording for recording lectures
    2) Easy to use, 1 press recording possible
    3) Able to record about minimum 3hours per session.
    4) Easy playback

    optional
    1) Rugged, able to withstand drops, hence flash memory prefered
    2) Low battery consumption
    3) Small size with big buttons... (ironic...)

    best is with a price & where to buy... thanks!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Anybody into portable mp3 player?

    just list down my requirement & hope that kind souls can help... its not for me, my parents need them for their language class...

    1) Good voice recording for recording lectures
    2) Easy to use, 1 press recording possible
    3) Able to record about minimum 3hours per session.
    4) Easy playback

    optional
    1) Rugged, able to withstand drops, hence flash memory prefered
    2) Low battery consumption
    3) Small size with big buttons... (ironic...)

    best is with a price & where to buy... thanks!
    i bought a no-brand 256 mb memory stick cum mp3 player more than a year ago, super hardy, runs on a single AAA battery, dropped don't know how many times liao, once i record something and forgot to switch off and it went on recording for 1 1/2 hours (and still recording when i discovered), that's considering i already have like 6 albums of songs inside already ... the recording quality is so-so ... the only sign of the brand name is 'B-Mark' ... not sure if that is really the brand, it's made in China btw, but must say it's good value and good quality ... costs ard $200 more than a year ago, price should have plummeted alot by now if it is still being sold ... btw, i am still using it, maybe i'll take a shot and show you ... or you coming to the d2x launch? i can show you on the spot

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    i bought a no-brand 256 mb memory stick cum mp3 player more than a year ago, super hardy, runs on a single AAA battery, dropped don't know how many times liao, once i record something and forgot to switch off and it went on recording for 1 1/2 hours (and still recording when i discovered), that's considering i already have like 6 albums of songs inside already ... the recording quality is so-so ... the only sign of the brand name is 'B-Mark' ... not sure if that is really the brand, it's made in China btw, but must say it's good value and good quality ... costs ard $200 more than a year ago, price should have plummeted alot by now if it is still being sold ... btw, i am still using it, maybe i'll take a shot and show you ... or you coming to the d2x launch? i can show you on the spot
    should be going if nothing drastic happens...

    i used before the creative muvo, the one like thumbdrive 1, the recording quality not really good... alot of echoes & background noise. maybe i asking too much... 256 can record how many hours?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    should be going if nothing drastic happens...

    i used before the creative muvo, the one like thumbdrive 1, the recording quality not really good... alot of echoes & background noise. maybe i asking too much... 256 can record how many hours?
    ooops, paiseh, should be thumb drive, not memory stick i think i vaguely remember the packaging had the word 'memory stick' on it, that's why the mistake ... maybe i let your hear some recording tomorrow lor ... 256mb can record very very long, i haven't tried before ... didn't RTFM ... i see if i can find this evening

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    thanks ar brudder!

    meanwhile, keep the information coming...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    thanks ar brudder!

    meanwhile, keep the information coming...
    Check out iBead, easy to use mp3 player and can record up to 10 hrs worth of wav file.

  7. #7

    Default

    use tape recorder..low cost. but will need to rewind here and there

  8. #8
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Just pop in simlin and grab yourself a no brand mp3 player. don't get duped by the sellers preaching how branded ones are better. I've been using a 256mb one for awhile now, sounds as good as ipod/creative, and better than samsung, etc ones. In fact, sounds way better than even the 300$ odd sony cd players. Good recording, but look around, if possible get a made in Singapore one, made in malaysia is fine too. I've tested it with my high end headphone(s). Bought around 98, nowadays u can get it around $130 for a 512MB one 256 can record up to hmm 8hrs or 12 i forgot. Well worth. All through experience.
    BTW, creative muvo = lousy quality, lousy bass, shallow sound. I bought 1 for my ex. Hope ur not offended.
    Last edited by dennisc; 23rd February 2005 at 10:49 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisc
    Just pop in simlin and grab yourself a no brand mp3 player. don't get duped by the sellers preaching how branded ones are better. I've been using a 256mb one for awhile now, sounds as good as ipod/creative, and better than samsung, etc ones. In fact, sounds way better than even the 300$ odd sony cd players. Good recording, but look around, if possible get a made in Singapore one, made in malaysia is fine too. I've tested it with my high end headphone(s). Bought around 98, nowadays u can get it around $130 for a 512MB one 256 can record up to hmm 8hrs or 12 i forgot. Well worth. All through experience.
    BTW, creative muvo = lousy quality, lousy bass, shallow sound. I bought 1 for my ex. Hope ur not offended.
    not offended.. actually i like your honest comment, cos i also find that the muvo kinda sucks...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisc
    J

    BTW, creative muvo = lousy quality, lousy bass, shallow sound. I bought 1 for my ex. Hope ur not offended.
    actually u r quite right here. i also dont really like muvo because of the design of the way u have to forcefully pull off the battery holder portion when u have to separate out the flash drive portion. in the long run the forceful motion is bound to physically wear out and damage the joints area. the sound quality is aso quite shallow. and it doesnt have a lock button. when the muvo micro came out i was hoping it had a lock button but no it didnt but the plus point is the weight..hehe

  11. #11

    Default

    I got a no-brand one also... but it recorded into a propritery format tho the package states MP3... now all the lecture recordings stuck in that format... interface software also
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  12. #12

    Default

    Did a little research 2 weeks ago,
    Best sound --> http://eng.iaudio.com


    Not one button recording though...
    But have real time MP3 compression, records from mic/line-in/radio to MP3/WAV.

    .

  13. #13

    Default

    The iRiver 595 (512MB) has pretty good voice recording features.
    Recording quality is adjustable.
    Bit rate: 8 Kbps - 160 Kbps
    Sampling frequency: 11.025 KHz - 44.1Khz

    http://www.iriver.com/html/product/p...ct.asp?pidx=36

    You can also plug-in an external microphone for better recording quality. I got mine recently at SLS for around $400.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Did a little research 2 weeks ago,
    Best sound --> http://eng.iaudio.com


    Not one button recording though...
    But have real time MP3 compression, records from mic/line-in/radio to MP3/WAV.

    .
    is it available in singapore?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by romeobravo
    is it available in singapore?
    yah...
    1st floor SLS, major MP3 retailing stores.
    Go search for "iaudio" in hardwarezone, there's a thread there with a lot of info...

  16. #16
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    my recommendation is not to get those all in one MP3 recorder/player.

    If u want to have a decent quality audio recording, best to use those dedicated IC voice recorders.

    Best one i come across so far is Panasonic.
    Cheapest is Mustaffa.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Talking

    Get a 2nd hand Palm Zire72...got camera, mp3 and can do sound recording with a single button...can play games somemore!!!

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Did a little research 2 weeks ago,
    Best sound --> http://eng.iaudio.com


    Not one button recording though...
    But have real time MP3 compression, records from mic/line-in/radio to MP3/WAV.

    .
    yeah, sounds very good. i'm going to buy the G3. bang for bucks. very impressive sound quality, way much better than creative and ipod.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    drudkh where u going to buy the g3?

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by user111
    actually u r quite right here. i also dont really like muvo because of the design of the way u have to forcefully pull off the battery holder portion when u have to separate out the flash drive portion. in the long run the forceful motion is bound to physically wear out and damage the joints area. the sound quality is aso quite shallow. and it doesnt have a lock button. when the muvo micro came out i was hoping it had a lock button but no it didnt but the plus point is the weight..hehe
    Yes, I seriously think Mr Sim has really got to get some research done on his Line of MP3 players's design.
    (Even Apple's iPod, iRiver..etc has got better designs than his products)

    I never liked any of the Creative MP3 player's design, be it Nomad or MuVo or JukeBox or whatever,

    The only reason I Own a Creative MuVo2 1.5GB MP3 player is that it is a FREE gift from Starhub, else I wont even BUY one.

    The battery life on it sucks big time, and the tiny dial/control pad makes my fingers so cramped.
    I charge it FULL batt and if I am not using it for 1 day or so. I find that I cant turn it on anymore. The battery is totally drained.

    And the best part is....when its TOTALLY drained, you cant use the USB to charge the batts any more. Hence I can only charge it at home using the AC adaptor.

    Which defeats the purpose of me carrying it ard in office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •