Thread: Maha charger problem?

Default Maha charger problem?

My Maha charger C401FS is pretty weird. It's supposed to be a "cool" charger, but I found out that after charging my Sanyo 2300mAh, the AC adapter becomes very hot, the charger has a burnt smell coming from it, and the batteries are also very very hot. (Charger was charging in fast mode)

Is this a problem with the charger? Or is it normal?
    The AC adapter also becomes very very hot even though the charger is chargin in "Slow" mode and left overnight.
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    My Maha charger C401FS is pretty weird. It's supposed to be a "cool" charger, but I found out that after charging my Sanyo 2300mAh, the AC adapter becomes very hot, the charger has a burnt smell coming from it, and the batteries are also very very hot. (Charger was charging in fast mode)

Is this a problem with the charger? Or is it normal?
    The AC adapter also becomes very very hot even though the charger is chargin in "Slow" mode and left overnight.
    The 100 minute fast charge is not a "cool" charge, the batts and charger will heat up for sure. The batts and charger will become warm during a slow (cool) charge, but not hot. Don't worry about the AC adapter, if its far away enough from the charger it won't affect the batts.

Do you happen to close the cover lid while charging the batteries? Leave it open if you do and it will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yezrah
    Do you happen to close the cover lid while charging the batteries? Leave it open if you do and it will be just fine.
    Cover was open...and after I did a fast charged and took out the batt, had to throw the batt on my bed immediately to prevent my fingers from getting "burnt" by the heat...AC adapter also very very hot...
    eat. drink. shoot

Deregistered

I have 2 of them, both heats up, the batteries are normally very hot when fresh from the charger (ie light just turned green) but if you leave it inside till it cools off, it's no longer hot.

photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    Thanks, very interesting...
    eat. drink. shoot