Thread: 2002 CFA Level II and III exam results are out!

Default 2002 CFA Level II and III exam results are out!

You could check online at www.aimr.org
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Thanks for letting me know...I passed! No need to retake next year.

Originally posted by chkoch
    Thanks for letting me know...I passed! No need to retake next year.
    Hmm..
    Is it difficult?
    What level you took?
    Level II or III?

in short, tell me wat is cfa .

thanks.

Originally posted by ninelives
    in short, tell me wat is cfa .

thanks.
    CFA = Chartered Financial Analyst
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

I took level III this year...got some info on the CFA program from the web:

The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) Program is a globally recognized standard for measuring the competence and integrity of financial analysts. Three levels of examination measure a candidate's ability to apply the fundamental knowledge of investment principles at a professional level. The CFA exam is administered annually in more than 70 nations worldwide.

To be awarded the CFA charter, a candidate must:
    1. Sequentially pass the Level I, Level II, and Level III examinations; and
    2. Have at least three years of acceptable professional experience working in the investment decision-making process; and
    3. Fulfill AIMR membership requirements and apply concurrently for membership in AIMR and in an AIMR Member Society or Chapter (if a Member Society or Chapter is located within 50 miles (80 km) of candidate's place of business). As part of the application for AIMR membership, a candidate must:

I took level III this year...got some info on the CFA program from the web:

The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) Program is a globally recognized standard for measuring the competence and integrity of financial analysts. Three levels of examination measure a candidate's ability to apply the fundamental knowledge of investment principles at a professional level. The CFA exam is administered annually in more than 70 nations worldwide.

To be awarded the CFA charter, a candidate must:
    1. Sequentially pass the Level I, Level II, and Level III examinations; and
    2. Have at least three years of acceptable professional experience working in the investment decision-making process; and
    3. Fulfill AIMR membership requirements and apply concurrently for membership in AIMR and in an AIMR Member Society or Chapter (if a Member Society or Chapter is located within 50 miles (80 km) of candidate's place of business). As part of the application for AIMR membership, a candidate must:
    Woah..
    How was the level III paper?
    Tough?
    My friends around me took the Level II paper...
    I think I will attempt CFA.... (but I've not even cleared my A Levels yet, so it's still a long way to go for me... )
    Last edited by SNAG; 13th August 2002 at 07:30 PM.

CFA level III was kind of tougher than the earlier two levels because it tests more how you apply concepts rather than how well you know the concepts. About 58% of those who took level III passed this year...but the percentage varies from year to year. Think it was like over 80% last year.

Huh, you have not cleared your A levels yet? Think don't have to rush into anything...make sure that it is something you want to do. Many friends dropped it after passing level I because they realised that it was not something that they wanted. Some friends sign up but did not take the exam because they did not have time to study for it...especially difficult when one is working.

CFA level III was kind of tougher than the earlier two levels because it tests more how you apply concepts rather than how well you know the concepts. About 58% of those who took level III passed this year...but the percentage varies from year to year. Think it was like over 80% last year.

Huh, you have not cleared your A levels yet? Think don't have to rush into anything...make sure that it is something you want to do. Many friends dropped it after passing level I because they realised that it was not something that they wanted. Some friends sign up but did not take the exam because they did not have time to study for it...especially difficult when one is working.
    True...
    My friend, who's taking Level II this year, didn't attempt the paper this year... Too much work commitment.

Thanks for the friendly advice anyway!
    I appreciate it...

Sorry for my lack of knowledge , but what's the purpose/benefit of taking this CFA?

The CFA is supposed to be some sort of certification of the skills and work experience one has in financial analysis....the accounting equivalent will be the CPA? Regarding whether it is useful, some employers do take it into consideration. I remember seeing some job ads that mentioned having a CFA would be useful or preferable.